Gained Weight....I need HELP Please Sunday Feburary 7,2016

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/9/16 4:54 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Cpcampbell, this is an internet forum.  Anyone is free to comment on anyone at anytime as long as it doesn't violate Terms of Service.

I think you're taking this far too personally.  You have been advocating the 5-Day Pouch Test in several different threads.  Some people, myself included, think it's a fad diet and not beneficial for long term weight loss.  They have the right to express their opinions, as do you.

If you're upset at the responses you receive, you can either block the individual, ignore their comments and move along, or find another sandbox. Trust me.  It's not all about YOU.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

cpcampbell
on 2/9/16 7:37 am

HI Karenp8! I really didn't mean to cause a stir up I was only referring to what works for me.  As with all of us, if there is a regain, we find that we got away from the basics, right? So, I'm saying (for me) is that I have to be reminded therefore, I go back to the beginning and relearn it all again. I happen to love protein shakes and still use the one recommended by my surgeon.  The best there is because it's medicinal and the nutritional value is incredible.  I don't live on shakes but they are a part of my daily intake. Great way for me to get in the protein.

On another note, I love the passion we all have re this journey we're on to getting and staying slim, trim and healthy!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/8/16 1:43 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On February 8, 2016 at 8:09 PM Pacific Time, cpcampbell wrote:

Karen, I don't profess to be a doctor nor know everything but I do have an opinion.  I don't agree with you that the 5 day pouch test is a fad..It helps jump start the weight loss to success and victory of the bad habits...So why put down what can not only help but confirm?

Do you have any proof that the test is actually beneficial? One person's story doesn't count, we're talking large numbers of test cases.

Sure, one person may see weight loss. But there's no proof that it's because of the liquids-- it could be because the person simply stopped eating junk, a result that ALSO could be accomplished by having dense protein instead of shakes.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

cpcampbell
on 2/8/16 1:59 pm, edited 2/8/16 6:21 am

I'm grateful for opinion and that of many......I am not the only one who has benefited from the 5 Day Pouch Test. Please know I'm not a hater -

Check out YouTube. I only know what works for me! I must crawl before I walk and if I need a "reminder" so be it...!

I'm not too proud....I ONLY want results - tangible results..

We ALL have built in forgetters....Let me keep it on me......I am not too proud to say I need help......

sweetpotato1959
on 2/8/16 8:29 pm

I do know that IF  a five day diet gives a place to Start, and a method to get on track then it surely is worth the time and effort. The short term  of overcoming the carb cravings would make it a plus and a no brainer for me.

I would not go with all liquid proteins, but make sure I got my best protein as soon as I get up, for me that is a liquid...but might not be for everyone. 

The one with the initial question will need to plan her OWN diet.Work to HER routine. If you know something works, then do it, to get back on track and figure out what you can do to stay centered in the state of loosing and getting back to where you wish to be.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/12/16 6:44 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I have a plan if I regain -

The 5-day pouch test is my first step if I have a weight regain - It's to mentally reset myself and help me identify the problem areas that have crept back.  I do not think there is anything magical that will happen over those 5 days, but I hope I would be journaling and finding a better way to deal with whatever reason I told myself about why I had to eat xxx. 

Then back to the dense protein, etc. 

Sharon

White Dove
on 2/8/16 9:17 am - Warren, OH

Instead of the five day pouch test go to atkin.com and register with them.  Then follow the two week induction phase.  They have shopping lists and an app for your smart phone.  The app tracks your carbs.  During induction keep your carbs between 18 and 22 per day.  Do not go off of the plan even by one bite.  You have to follow it exactly for it to work.  You will see a big weight loss of ten, fifteen or twenty pounds at the end of the two weeks.

Give yourself plenty of time to lose 50 pounds.  One pound a week is average.  After two weeks you go to phase 2 of Atkins and stay there until all of the weight is gone.  Keep tracking your protein, carbs, fiber, fat and calories.  Weigh your food and weigh yourself daily.

Atkins sells a lot of products, such as frozen dinners and breakfasts, shakes, and protein bars.  You can use them right away as long as they are marked Phase 1.  I like their Beef Merlot dinner.  I live alone and frozen meals can be convenient but most have too many carbs.  Atkins does not.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

cpcampbell
on 2/8/16 2:02 pm

Hey White Dove, pls remember everyone can't afford to go on the Atkins Diet...especially if they don't have the $....I have been unemployed for over a year....What do you say for those who don't and can't do it?

White Dove
on 2/8/16 3:16 pm - Warren, OH

You can buy chicken, hamburger, etc on sale and make meals from that. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/8/16 5:31 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You don't have to buy the Atkins products.  The diet itself is very basic.  It will cost you no more than what you're probably eating now.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 237 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 125 views