Gained Weight....I need HELP Please Sunday Feburary 7,2016

cpcampbell
on 2/9/16 3:55 pm, edited 2/9/16 7:56 am

Oh yeah, I received some rather rude and totally inappropriate dialogue...but I guess it all depends on what we think is inappropriate...I was raised to "stay in my lane" in any event....I can say it's all good.. I truly appreciate the passion we ALL have... I've attached a pic of me from size 18/20 to size 2...

Pokemom
on 2/9/16 9:21 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Look how beautiful you are!  I am sure you will get off the extra weight.  xo

karin602
on 2/13/16 1:35 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

So much controversy! Maintaining goal is not easy. You have to do what works for you. I recently posted about gaining when going on prilosec for a hernia. I was told it wasn't the p r prilosec but needed to be weighing and measuring everything. Never replied to that because since days before the surgery and onward I have always been diligent about this. My body did adjust to the prilosec and the weight came off without my changing what I was doing. Just to say it just comes down to doing the right things for you. No one knows what your body is doing but you. You know what is going into your mouth and only you. If the five day pouch test got someone back on track that's great. It is not for everyone and from all I've seen and read it really isn't recommended or rated as useful but if it helped someone that's a 'll that count s in the end. I pray those who have gained find their way back whatever path they choose to follow.

Karin

Harlee J.
on 2/13/16 6:48 pm - Charlotte, NC

Stop beating yourself up and get into a proactive mode. 

1.It looks like you are 6 yrs post RNY, and this is a 'normal' happening at about this time for many RNYers, ESPECIALLY if they have not followed the proper post-op diet and exercise routines. Go see the surgeon who did your surgery and take a TRUE history of what your diet is and has been PLUS a record of your daily exercise. HE can't help you unless you are 100% honest with him. You may have stretched the stoma that exits your stomach pouch by eating too much food or the wrong foods. Only he can do the proper assessment of that. You may be a candidate for a REvision or just need to get back in the groove of the proper diet. 50 lbs is a significant weight gain, but only the surgeon & you can figure this out. He may just feel you need to see the Nutritionist  and then be in a support group like you should have been post-op for a year or more.

2.Get some therapy to find out WHY you are sabotaging your weight loss. It is the best 'gift' you can give yourself and should have been a part of post-op support but I see nowadays it is rare that any MD sends their patients to therapy. WE ALL NEED or CAN USE IT....we eat for a specific reason where others don't.

I wish you the best on your journey. 

The most powerful force I have, is what I say to myself and believe.

The most powerful force I have, is what I say to myself and believe.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 223 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics