HOW to deal with pre-op liquid diet?!!

DEBGG
on 2/12/16 3:47 pm

Ive been on the liquid diet for 2 days now and feel like Im starving to death-lol

I am a type 2 diabetic, I've lowered my pump settings as my dr suggested and im not having any issues, BUT i keep getting headaches, once i drink a protein shake, it goes away BUT i can only have so much protein a day. Any suggestions? My RNY is on feb 24th

hteadtbear
on 2/12/16 4:31 pm
RNY on 09/01/15

Maybe some coconu****er??   Keep your eye on the prize!!!   I tried to just keep myself busy and not think about food but it is certainly not easy.

Good luck

Deanna798
on 2/12/16 5:03 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I had horrible headaches for the first 3 days.  In the 4th day they went away.  You are having carb withdrawals.  It gets better,  just hang in there.  You can do it.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

KellyAnnah92
on 2/12/16 7:08 pm
RNY on 01/13/16

The liquid diet was definitely hard for me as well. You just have to keep focused and keep reminding yourself that your liver needs to successfully shrink before the surgery. I do have faith that you can do it. Just keep your eye on the prize! :)

cajunlady1958
on 2/13/16 4:33 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I know it's hard but hang in there. I kept plenty of popsicles on hand and made sure I had lots of different protein shake recipes.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

NYMom222
on 2/13/16 8:06 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Just hang in there, lay low this weekend, don't stress yourself. This is enough stress. I think we all get through the beginning because we know there is a goal in mind and we know it is not forever. Keep drinking other fluids too...it will help. And they can be flavored - herbal teas, ice tea, crystal light...whatever. I find sometimes things with flavors just more satisfying...if I am hungry or struggling a little.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karin602
on 2/13/16 1:07 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I tried to make my liquid diet into kind of meals. Protein shake at breakfast chicken broth and shake at lunch, sometimes a sugar free popsicle or jello, same at dinner. Plenty of herbal tea and water in between. Didn't miss carbs but did the caffeine at first as I like coffee with sweetener and creamer and could drink a pot a day! I was on for ten days which seemed daunting at first but it does get easier. Tylenol does help the headaches. You can do it and the end result is definitely worth the work. Imagine no insulin. I was injecting insulin and byetta each once a day as well as metformin. I am off all of it with an A1c of 5 and have been for over 2 yrs. Being at goal is fun when I run into someone who hasn't seen me in a long time. Shopping is great as well.good luck.

Karin

DEBGG
on 2/13/16 5:00 pm

I'm missing my coffee with cream as well :(. I'm hanging on though!! Thank you all for your help with this. I take Tylenol and it goes away but comes back after a few hours. My sugar did go very low the other day and I panicked and ate a tsp of pb on half piece of bread to bring it back up, and then got right back on liquids, since then I haven't had another issue with lows-so far... I'm hanging on! 11 more days! I can do it!!!

grey
on 2/13/16 7:45 pm - dalton, GA

hi I am also doing pre op diet today is my 2nd day 7 more days to go. Just wanted to say I am where you are if you want to chat sometimes good luck and stay strong, we need to stick to this so our liver will be soft and easy to move around.

Grey

Dakotapuppy
on 2/14/16 8:43 am
RNY on 01/26/16

Not sure what your diet is. Mine was easy I had two GNC lean shakes and for dinner I made a large bowel of home made soup, and I was aloud two snacks yogurt or cottage cheese. And drink lots so water to fill the void.