Robotics Competition this past weekend . . . so different than past years

phibbmom
on 3/21/16 1:54 pm

So happy today!  I am exhausted today because of a robotics competition this weekend.  A competition that in prior years I would have attended but been super uncomfortable sitting in the stands.  I would have left to go sit in my car multiple times because I was so uncomfortable.  I would have been dying to get back home the whole time.

This year we got there early. I helped to set up the playing field (which required a ton of running back and forth in and out of the school pushing heavy carts loaded with metal pieces).  I actually RAN back and forth pushing heavy boxes and metal plates on wheels while bent over. I worked for 5 hours straight doing physical labor.  I never would have been able to do it in the past.  I also ran up and down the stands over and over to get things for kids and myself for the next two days.  I cleaned up the whole section where we sat repeatedly bending over, scaling bleachers and running to find trash cans to dump it in.  All of this is possible now because of RNY. 

I danced with the kids - I would have been too embarrassed to do that before.  I feel the kids responding differently to me . . . not because I lost weight, but because of the way I feel about myself.  I am putting off happy, energetic vibes. 

So as I wander around my house today trying to get things in order after being away for the weekend, nursing my sore muscles, I am reflecting on how amazing I feel and how thankful I am!

Thankful to Dr. Kligman for performing the surgery.  Thankful for his amazing staff and how well they have cared for me.  Thankful to my family for supporting me during this journey.  Thankful to the OH family for inspiration and guidance when I need it.

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Grim_Traveller
on 3/21/16 5:22 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

What a fantastic weekend! So happy for you.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

karenp8
on 3/21/16 5:37 pm - Brighton, IL

Thanks for sharing your amazing weekend with us!

NANNY13
on 3/21/16 9:27 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

Whoopie! Sounds like you had more fun than the kiddos. You were the party girl! I am so happy for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics