Hair supplements

canadianmommyof2
on 4/10/16 1:09 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi there, 

I now find my hair falling out or coming out when I bru****

Do you know of any good hair supplements to stop or prevent more hair from falling ?

Thanks,

Jen 

NYMom222
on 4/10/16 1:20 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

This is one of those topics that there are no real answers... only guesses. My Surgeon feels Biotin will help with regrowth not necessarily stop you from losing it. Many say keeping up your protein numbers helped. I took a hair skin and nails vitamin from the It Works company starting right after  surgery, and it was the only time I felt one of those vitamins helped my hair. They always helped my nails, but not my hair. They suggest taking 2 a day, but I only took one, because they were kind of large and that was all I could deal with. Now I take Nature's Bounty hair skin and nail gummies, but take a double dose. I do feel the protein helped my hair, my hair was actually better after surgery than before...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

canadianmommyof2
on 4/10/16 1:23 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Thanks NYmom22 for your help! I'll look into this. 

Kakesie
on 4/10/16 3:08 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Jen,

My hair started thinning a few years before WLS.  I take a Hair, Skin & Nails supplement.  I've also heard that L Carnitine, Saw Palmetto and MSM all supposedly help with hair loss.  I take all of those, whether they hel*****t, because I don't want to lose any more hair and I'll try anything.  :)

~ Karen

obxhatteraslight
on 4/10/16 5:30 pm - baldwinsville, NY

I got some biotin dots from drugstore.com my nut suggested it.

My hair has thinned dramatically in the front. I went to a shorter hairstyle and my hairdresser gave me a bottle of powder to make my hair look fuller. Only momentarily solves the problem.

Good Luck

canadianmommyof2
on 4/10/16 5:33 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Thanks! I'll look into this! 

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/16 5:14 am

I like the chewable biotin gummies whatever brand. I warn you .. they make you sprout hair EVERYWHERE like a little gorilla so get a de-hairer ready or get you boyfreind gone lol....

My hairdressers always say.. you have hair for three wimmen grrl.. I should charge you double ... so here MY secret .. folic acid  biotin vitamin B  lots of Keratin .

I do massage my scalp with a boars head brush every nite 50 times like a Victorian grrl before sleeping ..and i braid my long hair .  I DONT like extensions though i sometimes have to wear them for work... they tear your natural hair out. ((((itll grow back better dont worry ((())) hugs

canadianmommyof2
on 4/11/16 6:27 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Oh no, now I'm scared.  In already hairy enough. Lol!  Ok maybe I'll wait to see how much more falls out. I'm a little nervous. 

But I'm glad all these supplements are helping you!

Thanks for your help! 

Jen

Deanna798
on 4/11/16 7:51 am
RNY on 08/04/15

One note of encouragement, I'm 8 months post op and my hair loss has stopped now.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

canadianmommyof2
on 4/11/16 8:45 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Oh that's great to hear! I used to have thick hair when I was young. I got a perm and a lot of my hair dropped off.  Hopefully a lot won't drop off! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 135 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views