Shingles

canadianmommyof2
on 4/13/16 3:46 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi there, 

I've just been diagnosed with shingles.  Dr said probably due to stress on body - surgery,  weight loss.  Pain is horrendous! 

Anyone else have shingles after rny?

Thanks, 

Jen 

White Dove
on 4/13/16 4:48 pm - Warren, OH

I am so sorry you had that happen.  Hoping for a quick recovery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kakesie
on 4/13/16 4:50 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Oh, Jen, I'm SO sorry to hear that.  I had shingles once (not after RNY, though), but another time and you're right, the pain is awful!  I hope you feel better real soon.

~ Karen  :)

Kathyjs
on 4/13/16 5:31 pm

Oh you poor thing!! I got a shingles shot and really advice people to get vaccinated. My 12 year old niece even had them . I hope you get better fast. Hugs. !!

Emiepie
on 4/13/16 6:38 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So sorry to hear, hope you feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/16 7:54 pm
RNY on 03/15/16

Oh, so sorry!  Shingles is nasty... I had it when I was 19 or so.  I worked at a bank, and it was robbed....the robber shoved a sawed off shot gun in my ribs.  Was dx about 2 weeks later.  Then, just about 6-7 years ago, my mother got them, and it was HORRIBLE. I forgot I had them, and went and got the vaccine...silly me!  About 2 years later, I got shingles again....and again, exactly 1 year later.  I have a patch in the middle of my back right at my bra strap line, and they flare up almost daily...and itches like crazy ALL the time.  It's been 2 years since I had an active infection...but, I remember it many times daily with the itching.  Just so you know, once you have had them, you can get them again....  My doc says when I feel it crawling--which is what it feels like when it is just starting up--call immediately so I can be seen before it gets too bad.  Anyways, sorry for the book.  I truly hope you don't get it really bad, and hoping for a speedy recovery!

-Susan C

canadianmommyof2
on 4/13/16 9:54 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi Susan C,

So sorry you had to go through the robbery and that experience! Also sorry you have recurring itchiness. That's just as bothersome as pain! 

I think I've had it since Saturday but not diagnosed until today when I went to the Dr. I hope it doesn't get bad too!

Jen 

Kala2032
on 4/13/16 9:48 pm - Marrero, LA
RNY on 02/08/16

So sorry to hear that. Ive never hear of that after RNY. hugs for a speedy recovery. 

Height 5' 10, HW: 538 lbs 05/2015, SW: 444 lbs 2/2016, CW:213lbs 8/2017

Teena D.
on 4/14/16 3:53 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

So sorry that you're going through this! My son had singles when he was 8 and we didn't catch it in time. The Drs kept saying he had cold sores. By the time he got on the anti viral meds he was a pretty sick little boy. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

The Salty Hag
on 4/14/16 5:08 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

My daughter had it when she was 8 also...it was the first time anyone in the pediatrician's office had seen it in a child. They were all fascinated. Poor kid had every nurse and doctor in the practice looking at her out of curiosity. It used to be really rare for kids to get shingles, but seems to be happening more often these days. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 34 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views