What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 4/26/16 12:48 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You're stunning Daisy. Love the pics and so glad you're having so much fun!!! 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 4/26/16 1:08 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!  Enjoy the hot weather and Target!  I'm so jealous 

Paulinev
on 4/26/16 8:37 am

How many ounces  are the cottage cheese and chili that you eat? I am trying to figure out How much I should be eating, not how much to eat if i am hungry( I am still hungry sometimes after 6-8 oz. meal.

Thanks!

Pauline

25 months since surgery

**  I think your husband and mine are twins lol**

karenp8
on 4/26/16 8:46 am - Brighton, IL

My surgeon says a max of 1 c or 8 ounces food total for a meal. For instance 4 ounces meat and 1/2 c non starchy veggies.

AngryViking
on 4/26/16 9:31 am
RNY on 07/17/14

The cottage cheese comes in an individual serving cup and I think it's 5 oz.  It fills me up nicely; I actually didn't even eat my late morning snack today.  And I don't weigh the chili, I portion out 1 cup.

Kathy S.
on 4/26/16 9:31 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Everyone 

Going to get back on the high protein low carbs again.  Everyone is doing GREAT! Here is what I plan to eat....

Protein drink

scrambled eggs

tuna

protein drink

grilled steak  (yes you guys saw that correctly LOL)

Cheese

Have a great day  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

stacyrg
on 4/26/16 9:37 am, edited 4/26/16 2:38 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  I'm joining everyone on the Tuesday sucks train.  I know I complain all the time and I'm really an upbeat person, so I apologize.  Do you all ever get tired of all the rules?  My doctor yesterday decided to put me on Carafate to try and control my acid.  The only problem is, you take it 4x a day and you have to take it 1 hour before a meal and an hour before or 2 hours after any other medication including vitamins.  My PPIs have to be taken at least 30 minutes before a meal.  I can't take my vitamin and calcium together because of the iron absorption issue, so there's another 2 hour block.  I take 300mg of Zantac before bed, but I'm supposed to take the Carafate before bed, but I can't take it with the Zantac, so I have to start taking my "bedtime" meds 2 hours before bed?!?!?!?  I've tried to spread sheet this out, but I'm not smart enough to figure out when I take everything.  I don't think there are enough hours in the day to get it all in.  Then when you add in the wait time for liquid . . . Oy.  So today, I decided to just take nothing.  I feel paralyzed . . . I truly can't figure it out.  And I'm having flashbacks to taking the LSAT when I was applying to Law School.  there's a section on the exam called Logic Games . . . it is this problem exactly.  I SUCKED at the logic games . . . I needed a tutor to devise strategies to get me through them.  Well, I apparently need a tutor to chart out my meds schedule.  Any volunteers???

Edit to add KQOTD:  Today I would pay someone to figure out my meds before I have to add in a pill to get rid of my migraine.  Any other day it would be a toss-up between new running shoes or classes at my gym.  They're expensive, but they give you a discount if you buy in bulk.

Here's my food plan which, because I'm med free today, is sure to generate a ton of acid.  Fun times.

B: Turkey, pesto and cheese.  Homemade Skinny vanilla latte made with 4 oz of fairlife milk (the garlic in the pesto will most definitely hurt)

L: Grilled chicken and broccoli/carrot mixture (this may not be too bad)

D: New York Strip and 1/2 Caesar salad (more garlic . . . I may need to reconsider this)

S: Dannon light and fit

Totals: Cal.: 833; Protein: 103g; Fat: 31g; Carbs: 23g

Seriously, any volunteers to work on my med schedule???????

Deanna798
on 4/26/16 9:45 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I had a nasty run of acid last week, and I have to tell you that I have so much sympathy for you with your GERD.  I can't imagine having to live with that all the time.  I was so miserable for those 2 days.  i finally found my prescription of omeprazole and I've been feeling fine since I started taking it regularly again.

I truly hope that you find a solution, because living with that discomfort would be unbearable for me.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

stacyrg
on 4/26/16 9:51 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Thank you.  If the solution they come up with is load me up with meds I can't take because of timing issues or have revision surgery, I'm about ready to waive the white flag of surrender.  I'm truly miserable and can't take much more.  I hate that it's made me such a "debbie downer" of a person.  I appreciate the sympathy and empathy and knew this was a good place for me to complain. 

melissasue1982
on 4/26/16 11:15 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I will make the decision for you, just get the revision.  There....feel better now?

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Most Active
Recent Topics