What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/26/16 5:22 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That's it!  I've changed my mind; I would get myself a pedicure and buy some kickass shoes.  On clearance.  HA!

GinaTx
on 4/26/16 5:23 am

Morning Y'all,  Will Friday ever get here?  Actually I'm looking real hard for May.  Why is it that the weekend goes in a blink of an eye but the week just drags along. 

QOTD I actually found a 100.00 one time when I was much much younger.  It was just before mothers day and I took it and bought my mom a mothers day present.  I found it in a place where there was no way I could find the owner  I did feel guilty that someone lost money.  Two months ago I went to fill up with gas and found a visa gift card on the ground in front of the pump I picked it up and asked the gas station people if anyone had reported it lost and they said no.  I called the number on the card and they said it had 50.00 on it but there was no way to tell who owned the card.  I called back multiple times to the gas station but no one reported it lost so I donated it to our local charity shop.

b-premier protein

s-cheese

l-sliced turkey and cheese

s-yogurt

d-pork chop and squash from my garden

AngryViking
on 4/26/16 5:26 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Aww, a gift for your moms and a donation to charity?  You win. 

Nicole K.
on 4/26/16 5:24 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

You ever have one of "those days", where everything goes wrong? That was yesterday. I must of made 100 mistakes in my work, I threw up twice after eating....I couldn't get a damn thing right. I came home, fed boyfriend and went to bed.

QOTD: HELLO $90 KATE SPADE WALLET I HAVE BEEN COVETING, but am too cheap to buy. I'm a Kate Spade junky.

Sorry you had a rough night, AV. That totally sounds like some **** my boyfriend would pull, too.

I did so bad with solids yesterday, I'm doing liquids today.

B, L, D: iMetabolic protein shakes

S: Fat free Greek yogurt

HERE'S TO TODAY BEING MUCH BETTER! 

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

AngryViking
on 4/26/16 5:27 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Woo!  Onward and upward and all that jazz!

dog_hair_dinner
on 4/26/16 5:31 am
RNY on 03/01/16

> You ever have one of "those days", where everything goes wrong?

Yes.  Every day.  My job.  If I'm not hopped up on caffeine and carbs, my brain doesn't work the miracles my job (computer programmer) requires.  It's a good thing I have enough job security that I don't need to worry.  Fortunately, I gave up both the caffeine and the carbs, so now I get to see how I perform "au naturale".  Which is poorly.  Very, very poorly.  Ugh

Also, yesterday I threw up because I ate radishes.

They went down very well in the morning, but in the afternoon, my stomach decided it wasn't happening.

Nicole K.
on 4/26/16 6:04 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

I'm a Salesforce admin, and a Desk.com admin so I totally get it. Is that why my brain has stopped working, because I don't do caffeine or carbs? I was struggling to build websites yesterday, and it's stuff I know like the back of my hand.

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

dog_hair_dinner
on 4/26/16 8:37 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

> Is that why my brain has stopped working, because I don't do caffeine or carbs?

I can't say if it's that way for everyone, but it definitely is for me.  When I'm hopped up on carbs and caffeine, I can do incredible things.  When I don't eat as much, I make all sorts of mistakes.  Sometimes I'll look at my work and it's like some other dumbass wrote all those things.

supershopper
on 4/26/16 6:19 am

Not sure what your program paperwork says, but I'm not allowed raw veg for 6 months. It can irritate your stomach which could lead to ulcers.

Question- are you taking all your vitamins and sleeping well? After surgery I stopped my CPAP and man did I feel a difference in my sleep- it was terrible. I went back on it last week and I'm feeling much better.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

dog_hair_dinner
on 4/26/16 9:20 am
RNY on 03/01/16

> It can irritate your stomach which could lead to ulcers

whaaaatt....calling the hospital asap

Yes, I'm taking all my vitamins (multi, vitamin D + calcium, just added iron a week ago under hospital instruction) and sleep seems to be good.  I wake up feeling rested, but I get run down from exercise, which I don't think is excessive.  I do 20 minutes of weights 3x per week and a 20 minute brisk walk for tuesday thursday.  I do an hour of moderately-paced walking every day with my dogs.

My iron is super-low (borderline anaemic) but the hospital didn't tell me until last week.  They had my blood results March 8.

Most Active
Recent Topics