What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

melissasue1982
on 4/26/16 11:18 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Isn't being a responsible parent crappy sometimes?? HAHA  I love my kids, and my life, but sometimes I want money again! HAHA

I'm pretty sure with some of my comments on here everyone must think I hate my kids! HAHA   I love my life, just like to kid around sometimes and *****

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

SpunkyK3
on 4/26/16 12:31 pm

I've noticed that people eat pork rinds ... is there a reason?  I mean, is it a lot of protein and gives you the crunch that you need/crave?  Or is there another reason?  I don't know that much about pork rinds so I thought I'd see what I can find out to see if it's something that I may want to add!  :] 

Thanks!

AngryViking
on 4/26/16 12:51 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Both?  I love the crunch and there's some protein; not the best kind, though.  Better yet, no carbs!

Pokemom
on 4/26/16 12:55 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Hey everyone!  I know it is even LATER than I usually post, but I had a minute and wanted to post just as a way of saying, "I'm back."  We all know how just posting reminds us of our common goals and helps us to be mindful and motivated.  And I need that.  My eating has been less structured and planned the past week or so.  Still, as of today, I am down another pound.  The loss is very slow now, but I am inching my way there.  13 pounds to goal.

I have had a challenging couple of weeks.  I mentioned that I am in a series of vein treatments again.  I fear I sound whiny or exaggerated, but I do have unusual problems in this area.  The last treatments I had--early last week--were especially bad, and the pain excessive, so I needed to take Lortab (Ibuprofen not an option).  So I was pretty much wiped out. 

I also got a little virus in the middle of that.  AND our dishwasher broke and had to be replaced.  AND we had a little flood in our basement!  Such nastiness. 

This week, I am dealing with my 18 son, who is in the last weeks of high school, and really needs a job (part time until the AP tests are over, then full time until the end of summer, when college starts).  But all his job leads come up short.  He has sooooooooo much physical and mental energy that needs a positive outlet.  I am going to encourage him to find some volunteer opportunities.  But he really does need some income as well.

Also this week, I am dealing with my 13 son, who is sick!--AND he has a lead in his junior high musical, which starts Thursday.  The sick set in Saturday night, with a very sore throat.  At first we thought it was from all the singing at rehearsals.  But it became obvious pretty quickly that it was more than that when the fever set in.  We have been to the doctor--it is as angry as strep, but it is a virus and has to be waited out.  We are doing everything we can to help him rest, get fluids, boost his immune system, drink lots of throat-coat herbal teas, etc.  Looking up any homeopathic voice-soothing stuff on the internet.  He is also missing school, right during all the end-of-year tests and papers time.  It will be hard to make these up when he is so busy with performances  (if he is well enough for those).  So hard for this boy.  He is so discouraged. 

I will try to emulate AV with her frequent LMAO's! 

BTW, AV, I loved your story about the hubs waking you to complain about EVERYTHING.  I totally get that. 

Best, everyone!

Heather P.
on 4/26/16 12:56 pm

3am????  OMG  I would scream...lol

QOTD - I would squirrel it away somewhere.  I love hiding money around and then finding it later.

M1 - one egg and and piece of morningstar fake veggie sausage

M2 - premier protein shake

M3 - 3oz of chicken and 1 oz of peas

and I don't think I will have time for a meal #4 because it took me two hours to finish the premier protein shake

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Heather P.
on 4/26/16 1:04 pm

And BTW - thank you AV for this thread every day.  I have really learned a lot from reading what other people eat at different stages of the game.  It's made me feel a little better about what I eat - that I am not totally screwing things up.  

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 92 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 309 views