3 days till surgery and im freaking out!!! Lol

Kelley425
on 6/5/16 2:20 pm

Im 3 days from surgery... 12 pounds down :) ... still unpacking boxes in new place... going through a "breakup" with my childs father. Im so nervous the thoughts through my head are all over the place. I pray this goes good, im excited just weird timing for everything. 

Eggface
on 6/5/16 3:17 pm, edited 6/5/16 8:18 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes to you! I don't know maybe your timing is just right. You are getting all those BIG changes done in one fell swoop for your new healthier awesome life. Positive thoughts, prayers and good vibes being sent your way that all of those changes are more wonderful than you can imagine.

Remember post-op no heavy lifting for awhile.

Sip tha****er... dehydration is not pretty. You'll get there on the rest. Aim for better each day.

Only allow supportive awesome people in your life. Health in body & mind are priceless.

Having weight loss surgery was the best gift I ever gave myself. I hope you will soon be saying the same thing.

Best to you,

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

ritaroo2016
on 6/5/16 4:12 pm
RNY on 02/15/16

Of course, you are freaking out. This is normal. I can remember about 2 weeks post op, I dreamed I beat up my surgeon and told her to put me back together, the way GOD intended me to be :) I suppose I should have been freaking out but it wasn't until I was in the hospital and the surgeon, nurse, lab person were in the room, all asking a bunch of questions, I began freaking out. They whisked me away so quickly to the OR, the freaking out part was only for a short time. Your entire life is about to change, that would freak out the most calm person. I am now 4 months post op and things have settled down. The first 2 months, I was miserable. The "head hunger" was the worst. Protein shakes, yogurt, clear liquids get old after a while. Be patient with yourself. Make sure you get in your protein, fluids and vitamins on a daily basis. The early days can be an indication of how successful the outcome is. Trust and believe a few times, of eating the wrong foods and you will definitely be more mindful of what you put in your mouth. Planning is everything. I am already planning what I will eat for tomorrow. If I just leave it up to me, I am going to eat the wrong foods. Dumping syndrome is so REAL and horrible. I have 6 children and have experienced morning sickness but dumping is worst. Remember that in the first few months, you will lose a lot of weight, then the weight loss will slow down. You will hit a "weight stalls" These are times that no matter what you do, you are not going to lose weight. Sometimes, these stalls last for several weeks, try not to get frustrated, they are normal. I guess it is your body's way of saying "Whoa, what the hell just happened?" Stay focused and reach out to others who have gone through this journey and it is a journey. Don't let others tell you that you took the easy way out, you didn't. This is very difficult. Food has always been my friend and now it is like I lost a best friend....Sad, happy, angry, lonely, food was there. When I started to developed hypertension and borderline diabetes, I knew I had to do something NOW! My blood pressure is normal, no diabetes, hardly any back or knee pain and I feel more energetic. I wish you much luck!

RNY on 12/22/14

So' you're getting a head start on surgery and losing a ~200 pound guy!!! 

Get done what you can reasonably get done before surgery and then take it easy and follow your post-op lifting instructions.  Get enough sleep - Use paper plates, etc, if you need to.  If you push things too fast, you run BIG risks.  So put up with any moving boxes and moving mess for 6 weeks.  In a year, you will not remember the mess, but you will remember it if you lift a box and pull out stitches or rip your staples.

Sharon

selhard
on 6/5/16 6:58 pm, edited 6/5/16 12:14 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

There's a saying "you aren't given any more than you can handle."  You must be a strong person with strong faith. Things do seem to have a way of turning out no matter what transpires.  Please count this website as support for on-topic and off-topic help you may want/need from time to time.  Edited to add:  my WLS Center told me I had the right to back out or postpone surgery right up until the last second.  

Kelley425
on 6/5/16 9:37 pm

Thank all of you... i want to reply to everyone seperatly but im on a phone texting so kinda hard to do.but all very supportive i had a brief 3 hours this evening where i really wished i chose the sleeve instead and thinking about calling my dr office tomorrow? I just dont want to be sick all the time as i kind of hear? What do all of you think?

selhard
on 6/6/16 4:44 am, edited 6/6/16 1:10 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Here's what I think:  preparing for a successful post-op lifestyle is optimal with emotional, mental, and physical readiness as well as a strong support system in place.  It took most of the six-month required waiting period to get my "ducks in a row."  Do you feel you have your "ducks in a row?"   

Most Active