About to start Optifast?

Jaymebeth1
on 6/19/16 10:03 pm

So just got my Surgery date .... July 20.  I am on Optifast for 4 weeks pre-surgery to increase weight loss due to bmi of 53.  Anyone willing to share weight loss numbers while on Optifast prior to surgery?  Would be very appreciative ? 

The Salty Hag
on 6/19/16 10:16 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Weight loss on Opti varies from person to person; much like post-op weight loss. 

I did Opti for 30 days as well. I was allowed one solid meal per day in addition to the Optifast products. 

I'm 5'2" ( and 1/2! ) and my weight the day I started Opti was 293. I lost 13 lbs in those 30 days and I stuck to the diet 100%. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Jaymebeth1
on 6/19/16 10:19 pm

Cheers, thanks for the info!  I was thinking the weight loss would be more drastic ?

The Salty Hag
on 6/19/16 10:31 pm, edited 6/19/16 3:33 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

No problem at all. Glad to have helped. 

I thought the loss would be more drastic too. I was disappointed that my loss seemed small, but my dietician could tell I was compliant, and I did my best. My target surgery weight was 279, so I was pretty close. 

Sometimes our bodies are in "Nope!" mode. That will happen post-op too; some people stall about 3 weeks out; it's pretty common. We just have to stick to our plans and power through.

Hope everything goes smoothly!  

Edited because I'm old and it's late! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Missella20
on 6/21/16 4:49 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Hi,

I was on the optifast (shakes, soups, and bars) for 2 weeks presurgery and I lost 11 pounds. I thought that was great! And I just kept reminding myself that I would never have to lose those pounds again, that they would be gone forever! It helped me stay on track. Good Luck!!!

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Danna78
on 7/3/16 8:34 am

Hi Jamiebeth,

My surgery date is July 15th in Ottawa as well!   I started the optifast on Fri the 24.   It was brutal at first as I followed the direction to the tee and didn't add in anything extra!  I just about threw it up all over my driveway!   Now I add more water... Make sure there is lots of ice and add in extracts! 

So far I've lost 15 pounds and I still have 12 days to go.   When the shake doesn't dissolve the way I hope or I don't flavour it enough and I have to gag it down... I reflect on the numbers and know I can get through this! 

If you want to friend me we can cheer each other on ?

Cindyu2
on 7/3/16 12:52 pm
VSG on 07/20/16

My surgery date is also on the 20th and I'll be on HMR shakes starting July 4th. My doctor expects a weight loss of at least 10 lbs before surgery. However, I started dieting after the first seminar I went to and am down 35 lbs. So I'd love to lose 15 in the next to weeks on the shakes to make it an even 50. I don't know about the optifast shakes but everyone I've known using these HMR one's has said that they are very good. They say they are even better made into pudding. I guess we will see tomorrow! 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 239 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics