What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 8/1/16 5:57 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Monday morning!  It is pouring down rain here in CNY.  We certainly need it, but of course I couldn't find a single one of our eleventy billion umbrellas when I left the house so my hair is a hot mess.  LOL  Guys, I'm out early today to see my doc about my terrible sleep.  It's really awful lately.  Last night I woke up at 1am and didn't fall back to sleep until 5am.  And then I didn't hear my alarm so I was late for work.  This **** cannot continue!

QOTD!  Favorite dessert!  LOL  I know, I know...but tell me.  This (former) fat girl loves allllll kinds of sweets, but my most favorite restaurant type dessert is a brownie sundae.  Awww yeah...warm brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge. 

Time since surgery:  2+ years

B:  slice of 40 cal multi grain toast topped with ricotta and a string cheese

S:  Light & Fit Greek Crunch Caramel Fudge Pretzel

L:  Smithfield Ready Snack Go wrap (these are really good and totally satisfying for 90 calories) and cucumber salad

D:  baked flounder and sautéed summer squash "zoodles" with garlic

TOTALS:  Cals:  736  Protein:  69  Carbs:  45  Fat:  31

Obvs, this is not enough food for me.  I reserve the right to modify my menu as I see fit.  LOL  Have a great day, my friends! 

chassibi
on 8/1/16 6:04 am

Good morning! I'm sorry about your sleep Kristen--I've never had a problem with sleeping, so cannot relate, but agree that's no way to live! Good weekend overall here, scale is right at 200.8 today, going to be in the 1's sometime this week I'm hoping!

QOTD: my mouth started watering when I read about your warm brownie with ice cream. Thanks for that!  Key Lime pie was always a favorite, but honestly I've never met a dessert I didn't like!

B- irish tea w/SF creamer; triple zero chocolate yogurt

L- 2 oz cod, grilled squash

D- 3 oz chicken, grilled zucchini

S- cheddar cheese stick

S- protein shake

Totals: Cals-599; protein-79; carbs-28; fat-18

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

AngryViking
on 8/1/16 6:07 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Oooo, key lime pie.  Good one.  And Onederland is nigh for you!  Huzzah!  That's such a great moment.  You best be letting us know when you hit it.

Capogirl
on 8/1/16 7:16 am

Good morning, it rained earlier, but looks like the sun is tying to come out now.  My weekend was quiet, nothing much going on, not that I could do much anyway.  Grrrrr.

QOTD:  Chocolate, anything chocolate.  Always chocolate!

Time since surgery:  15 months

B:  1 turkey sausage patty, 1 slice whole wheat bread w/.25 c of cottage and cinnamon, decaf coffee w/creamer

L:  1 cup mixed greens, 1 slice ham, 1 slice turkey, 1 slice american cheese, homemade vinaigrette

D:  Steak, green beans

S:  Sargento balance breaks, Dannon l&F Greek, Vanilla Cupcake

Cals:  944  Carbs: 55 Protein:  71, Fat: 45

karenp8
on 8/1/16 6:04 am - Brighton, IL

Very cloudy with rain anticipated here in Illinois too. I got my 3.2 miles in early already. Lily was being stubborn today so did half with me then sat in the car with Windows cracked and a bowl of water. Now she's pouting but maybe we'll learn to come when called. Not even touching the QOTD because my mind does not need to go There! I will also walk another 2 miles tonight after dinner if it's not raining. Post op 47 months with weight at the bottom of my happy range at 118. Here's the eats B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz pulled pork with 1/2 c fresh tomatoes D piece of fried bologna and 1 scrambled egg with cheese S mission one chocolate chip cookie protein bar.  Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices! 

AngryViking
on 8/1/16 6:09 am
RNY on 07/17/14

If we talk about it, we take away its power!  Well, that's what I think anyway.  LOL

AnnyBananny
on 8/1/16 6:07 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Give me something with peanut butter and I'll be your friend for life. Peanut butter pie? Yes, please. Cake with peanut butter icing? OMG, yeeees. Some sort of peanut butter mousse? Yaaas. 

Peanut butter.

AV, I'm glad to hear you're talking to the doc about your sleep issues - good sleep has so much to do with overall wellness AND weight loss/control, so it will be interesting to hear what is said. 

Menu is a bit of a mess today - I have a lunch meeting and not quite sure what I'll get AND I need to hit the grocery store, but here's what I've got planned for the moment.

Time since surgery: 2+ years

B: coffee with cream, breakfast sammie

S: KIND bar

L: ?

D: omelet

S: Chobani tube, frozen of course

TOTALS: Calories 710, Protein 54, Carbs 44, Fat 41

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 8/1/16 6:10 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Peanut butter is my desert island food.  drools

karenp8
on 8/1/16 6:47 am - Brighton, IL

I'm right there with you with the peanut butter and anything.

supershopper
on 8/1/16 6:08 am

Hey yall

We had a busy weekend and didn't get in until 4 yesterday- then had to get the 4 pups at the dog sitters house and grocery shop, not in that order of course. I ate pretty darn well this weekend being out- took tons of snacks with me and only ended up eating a few. Weight did not change so that is good.

QOTD; I would have to say donuts or a brownies. I used to love donuts more than cupcakes and other cakes. I also like caramel apples with chocolate and pecans on it. Oh and I LOVE marshmallows. hahaha- so much for picking 1- that is why I was 300 pounds...

DH went by a place called sublime donuts yesterday with amazing reviews. I was a good girl. I did only have a tiny crumb of one of them. DH ordered 6, ate 2, then ordered 2 more 'for the neighbors'. on the way home he said, man those were so good, I don't think they will be getting them now. The one that smells the best is a smore one with toasted marshmallow in the hole part. He was being sweet and hid them when we got home, but I was like- Dude, at least let me smell them if I can't eat them. so I will walk by and smell them sometimes since I know I cannot eat them.

Getting back on track this week with exercising. Been a slacker and that has to stop. We are leaving for vacation on sunday so this week will be crazy getting ready.

Yesterday I ate:

B: mission 1 bar/decaf/tiny crumb of a donut

L: taco bell chicken cantina bowl, no rice, beans or sour cream)

D: tilapia/broccoli

S: jennie o turkey breast stick/ww ice cream mini/csarbmaster yogurt

total 733

prot 76

carb 50

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 351 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 248 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 158 views
Recent Topics