What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

cheapskate
on 8/9/16 11:02 am
RNY on 03/30/15

I am not. But I am also not open about it IRL either. 

G2GAWAY
on 8/9/16 11:06 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Well, now that I have read this, I may be able to friend people on facebook.  I love facebook, but have hesitated adding people because I have kept silent about my surgery with most people.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

life_mirrors_art
on 8/9/16 11:38 am - Canada

No. I have told a select few friends and family who have been very supportive, but we don't discuss it on Facebook. I wouldn't discuss other peoples' health decisions on any public forum out of respect for their privacy.

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

life_mirrors_art
on 8/9/16 11:51 am - Canada

Deleted post below was just a double post. My tablet is glitchy today.

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

life_mirrors_art
on 8/9/16 11:40 am - Canada
Capogirl
on 8/9/16 11:47 am

I am.  But it's not like I talk about it all the time.  I mentioned it before my surgery and a couple of updates.  I don't talk about other's either. 

Daffodilgirl
on 8/9/16 12:02 pm

No I don't talk about WLS anywhere or with anybody except on here.  

Grim_Traveller
on 8/9/16 4:19 pm
RNY on 08/21/12
On August 9, 2016 at 5:19 PM Pacific Time, Theduffman27 wrote:

Are you all transparent on FB about having WLS?

What's FB? Is that one of those things the whippersnappers talk about all the time?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

ttfan
on 8/9/16 9:14 am
RNY on 08/15/16

6 Days until surgery!  Can't wait!!!

I love love love the Olympics!  I love everything, but (don't laugh) my husband and I love curling, they have opened a curling rink here in Maine and we can't wait to go and watch them there! We are huge sport fans we love football (Patriot's,Love Tom Brady!) and we are avid Nascar fans!

stacyrg
on 8/9/16 9:22 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning!  Olympic lover here so I'll get KQOTD out of the way first.  I love, love, love watching the swimming followed a close second by figure skating.  We were at Dodger Stadium last night and every other TV in the place was turned to the Olympics.  It was awesome!

Today I'm back to trying to get in all my protein through food.  I like starting the day with the protein boost a shake gives me, but shakes don't satisfy me and I'm hungry pretty quickly after.  I know hunger's not an emergency, and I drink a crap ton (to quite AV, but this is my favorite unit of measurement) but when I'm trying to work and am focused on what I'm going to eat for my next meal or snack, it's not a good thing.  I'm hoping the addition of more solid food will help.  I'm also going to take Hala's advice from yesterday and try and up my fat intake.  I sometimes forget the malabsorbtion component of RNY and forget that it acts differently than VSG.  The macros that worked for me before, may not work now particularly since I'm basically at goal.  She's right and I may need to up my calories/fat.  I'm still concerned when I see menu people who are around 3-5 months out post their food and I have a greater capacity than they do.  I know it's a totally irrational fear, particularly since I weight/measure everything, but it freaks me out that I can eat so much more than a new RNY patient.  That is definitely on my list of things to discuss with my surgeon and I apologize for harping on it here!

Here's my plan:

B: scrambled egg with mozzarella cheese

L: Sliced turkey meat and a string cheese

D: Tri Tip

S: Light and fit; latte

Totals: Cal.: 813; Protein: 98g; Fat: 36g; Carbs: 32g

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?