Early August People

Karen9849
on 8/14/16 4:24 pm

Hi

I'm new and will be having my surgery on 9/14.  I remember seeing a couple of people that were having surgery in early August.   I was wondering how you folks are doing?  Looking for some good stories to calm my nerves.  It's getting very real and I find my mind going back and forth on this.  One day I'm fine, then I see a difficult story and I want to cancel my surgery.  I'm sure these are normal feeling, knowing I have to have open surgery is not helping.

I hope you are all doing well and getting stronger every day.

Would love to hear from you when your up to it.

WW0747
on 8/14/16 5:53 pm
RNY on 08/01/16

Hey. Thanks for checking up on us. I'm doing well. My surgery was on 8/1 and I was home on 8/2. I didn't have any real pain.

I'm getting in my liquids. Protein is a daily struggle. I'm lactose intolerant now so finding another protein shake has been a challenge. I've tried vegan sources and grass fed whey sources that are 99% lactose free. They all upset my stomach. 

Puréed stage went ok. I had a lot of black beans and kidney beans. 

I start the soft stage tomorrow so that means deli meats, soft cheeses, etc.. A little more variety will be great. I may even try my hand at making chicken salad.

I revised from the band so my weight loss has been good. I'm averaging a weight loss of 3-5 lbs per week. 

You will do great. Just remember one day at a time. 

Karen9849
on 8/15/16 4:13 am

Hi

Thanks for your reply.  I'm glad to hear you are moving right along with no difficulties, other than the lactose issue.  Hopefully that is temporary.  Would love to continue to follow your progress.  Enjoy your cold cuts, I am sure you are looking forward to eating real food again.

Take care

Sonja M.
on 8/14/16 7:29 pm

Karen - My RNY surgery was on Tuesday.  I'm feeling pretty good.  Been home 1 day.  Wore out physically, but that's expected.  Pureeds are going pretty well.  Getting my fluids and protein in without any problem.  I feel pretty optimistic.  I had moments of anxiousness prior to surgery - changing your insides permanently is a big deal.  The lifestyle change required for success is a big deal.  But when I feel anxious or fearful, I remember to pray and trust in God, which brings me peace.  Good luck on your surgery - you'll do great!

Sonja

HW - 285 RNY revision surgery weight - 237 GW - 140 CW - 180

M1: -17#; M2: -7#; M3: -10#; M4: -7#; M5: -8#; M6 thru M11 -8#; M12:

Lap band surgery - 8/8/2007 -- lost 70 pounds (maintained 60). Band removal due to erosion - 10/12/2015. RNY revision surgery 8/9/2016.

Karen9849
on 8/15/16 4:18 am

Hello Sonia

Glad to hear you are doing well and moving along with your recovery.  It's good to hear from the newbies that everything is ok.  Believe  me, i'm praying everyday about this decision.

Please keep us posted on your progress., us September folks are out here hanging on your every word.  Lol

WW0747
on 8/19/16 7:43 am
RNY on 08/01/16

Just checking on everyone. How are you doing?

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views