needed, winter clothes in a 3x and 5x

Louise1974
on 9/5/16 10:15 am

A friend's mother and sister are moving up to my neck of the woods this week.  They were rescued by boat from Baton Rouge and lost everything but the clothes on their back and their cell phones.  They are fortunate that they have family up here (upstate NY) who can help them re-settle.  But they are in for a big shock as it is much colder up here than in Baton Rouge.  I have taken on the task of helping gather warm clothing for them, this task is made more difficult because they wear sizes (3x and 5x) that are very difficult to find, as I am sure you all know.  I had surgery some time ago and have already passed on many of my larger things.  If anyone here has clothing (especially warm clothing like coats, fleeces, long johns, sweaters, warm pants),  and is ready to pass them on they would be much appreciated here.  I would gladly pay for shipping.  Losing everything is horrible.  Losing everything when you wear sizes that are very difficult to find is even worse. 

I hope this post is allowed here, if not, please let me now and I will remove it. 

selhard
on 9/5/16 5:54 pm, edited 9/5/16 10:55 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

In case you don't receive many 3x-5x clothes donations, please ready the following as a possible explanation:  when WLS freed me from super morbid obesity, I cut up and tore to shreds my size 3x-5x clothes before throwing them away.  They were not suitable for donation.  The pants had worn spots where legs rubbed together and the elastic waistbands were stretched beyond capacity.  The underarm of the shirts were stained from excessive sweating or torn from tugging.  My polyester stretch wardrobe was ordered through speciality-size catalogs in always the color black with washings turning them to a faded black in no time.  Since being able to shop for clothes in regular stores, I have made the discovery Walmart carries matching sweatshirts and sweatpants up to size 5x for under $10; might that be a saving grace.

CathyV
on 9/6/16 5:33 am

I'm in a 4x. But I have two pairs of jeans that are big on me I will send. They are in great shape, I bought them from Roamans I think and their stuff runs big, these so much so that I really didn't wear them much. They will probably fit your 5x person. One pair needs a button at the waist. Isn't it ironic? They fit very loosely and still lost a button!

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Kakesie
on 9/6/16 5:44 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Louise,

Do you know what jeans number size they each wear, such as size 24, 26, 28?  I may have some jeans in some of those sizes.  I will have to look and see what I have.

~ Karen

Louise1974
on 9/6/16 11:38 am

Thank you so much!  I sent messages to you both with the details.  I found a 5x Roamans winter coat on ebay so we are getting there!

Kakesie
on 9/10/16 2:18 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Louise,

Please check your messages.  I sent you a message about the sizes of clothes I found.  Most are 4X's, though.

Karen