What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

stacyrg
on 9/13/16 10:09 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Happy Tuesday everyone.  Work is super stressful at the moment, but I decided to take a break and post my menu.  I've become lax about posting.  I've been logging, but I need to post for the accountability reinforcement.  Yesterday I was a bottomless pit and ended the night eating peanut butter from the jar.  Because I've been known to do that, there is no way anything like cookie butter or nutella (ohhhh Nutella . . . how I've missed you) can come in my house.  The jars would be empty in a matter of days.  I'm still having food issues, but am working with my surgeon and NUT to try and figure it out.  On the bright side, even though he didn't think I'd lose much weight, I'm down 5+ lbs in 2 weeks.  Bad news, he thinks it's water weight from running to the bathroom so often, but he told me to enjoy it while it lasts.  Thanks Dr. B!

KQOTD:  Not handy at all.  Although the last time my battery died, I had a suspicion it was on its way out, and i acted like a good adult and took it to be tested.  No, the guy said . . . battery is all good.  I argued saying the lights seem dimmer, it doesn't start as easily, etc.  But he insisted the battery was good.  That was on a saturday.  Monday morning I get in my car to go to work . . . dead . . . dead . . . dead.  He should have listened to me . . . he could have had a sale.  I can pump gas. Sometimes . . . I was driving home from a family event in Napa with my mother.  I decided to get gas and pulled off at one of the last stops for miles (we took a side trip to sight see).  I got out of the car, started the pump then ran into the convenience store to get drinks.  When I came out, the pump was off and I thought that the tank was full.  Nope.  The wind caused the pump to shut off.  We started driving and I looked at my mom and asked her if her gas gauge was broken.  "No" she said.  Well then, we may be in trouble since it says we have no gas and we're in the middle of nowhere.  My new rule is to make sure the gauge says I have gas before leaving the station.

My Plan:

B: 2.5 oz sliced turkey (I didn't eat all 2.5 oz) but hopefully will fini**** as the day progresses

L:  Left over tri tip

D: Turkey burger with feta and pesto (This will kill me because of the feta, but I love them . . . ) maybe tomato salad, although that also has feta in it and double feta may be the death of me.

S: HB egg, sliced ham, a plum (maybe . . . fruit makes my heart pound like its trying to escape my chest, but I love plums, it's the end of the season and I'll eat it slow.  Not gonna lie, I'll have somersaults thrown in there too.

Totals:  They suck. everything is too low  Cal: 714; Protein: 77g; Fat: 37g; Carbs: 25g

Nicole K.
on 9/13/16 10:13 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

I'm baaaaaaack! I hope you guys didn't forget me, it has been a fun filled week of Los Angeles, family, birthday celebrations and eating.  However, let me start by saying that even whilst indulging on my vacation, I hit the magic "onederland", so that was exciting.  (PLEASE EXCUSE NON PEDICURED TOES) I ate, and I cheated, but I didn't over indulge in anything.  You guys would have been proud.

I let my rotten ex ruin a lot of my trip, but I actually met someone out there who is SO NICE to me, I don't know how to respond.  He's flying up from L.A. again this weekend to see me and so we can get to know each other better.  He has a ranch in Monterey, so he wants to take me horse back riding.  We'll see, my poor heart is pretty wounded right now, I don't know if I'm ready to open myself up again.  We're both nursing broken hearts, he lost his wife to cancer in March (she was diagnosed 2 weeks after they got married) so I'm down to take things REALLY slowly and see what happens.  My skin flaps and front butt don't seem to disgust him, though, so I figure that's a good start. He calls me beautiful, gorgeous, things I haven't heard in a long time.

I cut off a bunch of my hair while I was gone, since I'm going bald.

At least my work missed me while I was gone.  Thinking about relocating to L.A. or Portland ASAP, especially if I can take the job with me.

Oh, and the seatbelt on the airplane!  Sorry for crotch shot.

I'll share more pics tomorrow.  QOTD: I suck at all things cars, including driving.  I'm surprised I can put gas in one.

Menu: It's completely up in the air.  I've been a depressed mess since returning home, dealing with a kicked in front door (story tomorrow), I have been working and going to bed.

Missed you all!

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

AngryViking
on 9/13/16 10:18 am
RNY on 07/17/14

You look lovely!! 

Nicole K.
on 9/13/16 10:20 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

I'm a big 'ol weepy mess right now.  I wish you guys knew.  My heart hurts.

Nicole 

pammieanne
on 9/13/16 10:33 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I once read in Cosmo (many moons ago), that women NEED to cry to get it all out... we produce hormones that are akin to poison... crying releases that ****

CRY ON... 

But pick a date in the (near) future where you just throw all those old achy pains OUT with the trash... make plans, stick to them, and hold your head high.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Nicole K.
on 9/13/16 11:44 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

I deleted everything of "us" off of my phone.  It's just strange, cause I feel and see him everywhere.  I have to move on, though.  It's time.  The "door kicking in" thing was his doing.  I got tickets to a concert for us to go to on Friday, his favorite, Coheed and Cambria, I got the VIP passes where we get to meet the band, I guess I'm going by myself.  I'm not letting them go to waste and I just don't think it's in my heart to sell them.

Nicole 

Nicole K.
on 9/13/16 11:48 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

You always look lovely!

Nicole 

pammieanne
on 9/13/16 10:31 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Love your new haircut!!! It suits you perfectly!

Your door kicked in??! Holy Moly, Batman! I'll wait for that story tomorrow!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Emiepie
on 9/13/16 10:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I have been thinking about ya and almost sent you message on MFP. So much amazing in your post!! 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Nicole K.
on 9/13/16 11:45 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

I love my OH family, seriously, you guys are all I have sometimes.  So much more tomorrow to tell, to be continued....

Nicole 

Most Active
Recent Topics