What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 9/13/16 5:40 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy Tuesday!  It's going to be a glorious day here and I have to work both jobs.  Boo!  I think I'll duck out at lunchtime just to get some fresh air and enjoy what could be one of the last days of nice weather in CNY.  Winter is coming.  LOL

So, remember how I was all "I'm doing jack **** after work except grocery shopping and laundry" yesterday?  Well, I skip out of here at 3:50 only to find that my car won't start.  Like D-E-D dead.  You can't make this **** up.  I call Matt and he's like, "Yeah, it needs a new battery".  WTH, dude?!  This is brand new information that would have been useful to know.  LOL  So, I had to wait for him to get off work, buy a new battery, drive the 30 miles to my job and replace it.  I didn't get home until almost 6:30.  HA!  But, Matt and I made the best of it, because what else are you going to do?  We dropped the kid off at Scouts and then we had a little impromptu sushi date at Wegmans followed by the grocery shopping.  Even though we were at the supermarket, it was actually kind of nice because we never get to spend alone time.   And after Michael went to bed, Matt and I did the "laundry" together. 

QOTD!  As you can tell, my husband is pretty handy to have around when it comes to car maintenance.  He does the oil changes himself and can manage most simple repairs and replacement of parts.  I, on the other hand, can pump my own gas and maybe refill the windshield washer fluid.  Are you good with cars?  Could you fix a flat tire if you had to, or replace the air filter?

Time since surgery:  2+ years

My menu is pretty good, but I'm going to spread it out a little because I won't be home until late, so I don't want to eat lunch at 1:30 like I usually do and then starve until 9:30.  We'll see how it goes...

B:  1 oz of honey ham and 1 oz. of brie on 34 Degree rosemary crackers.

S:  Bartlett pear and 30 gms of cookie butter.  Zip it.  I weighed that ****

L:  Buffalo chicken salad!  Also pork rinds and a string cheese.  I was out of regular Franks so I used Franks Slammin Sriracha.  Should be tasty!

D:  Friendship Fit to Go cottage cheese with turkey pepperoni chips and fresh tomato.

TOTALS:  Cals:  947  Protein:  77  Carbs:  59  Fat:  42

Have a great day you guys! 

CathyV
on 9/13/16 5:48 am

Haha! "Folding laundry" is a long standing euphemism around here. I used to fold actual laundry on our bed. When my oldest was little, well, we were in there with the door locked and I was like,"Um, we were folding laundry..." So it kind of stuck, lol.

I can change a tire, and check my fluids, charge a battery. That's about it. 

Keep my diet unadventurous and gentle today...don't have totals yet.

Breakfast- triple zero yogurt

Lunch- hash with an egg

Snack- cottage cheese

Dinner-  hash with an egg 

snack- protein shake

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Theduffman27
on 9/13/16 5:50 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning AV and Menu crew. That really sucks about the battery, but you made the most of it and that is all you can do in situations like that!

I am struggling with weight gain and  grazing Since Saturday. Real Bad, my menu is always good, but I am grazing too much in between meals. A handful of peanuts, some pistachios, wheat thins and dip.....Vienna sausages.....I have been like a bottomless pit and it is making me anxious and cranky. I need to stop. Im done whining and will cut the ****!

QOTD - I am pretty handy and even more so since WLS, I have more patience and am comfortable when in awkward positions. It is not easy doing anything when obese. Thankful for wls!

Time since surgery - 21+ months

B - solid white tuna and balsamic

S - buddig turkey

L - Mild chicken sausage with mozzarella and peppers, a1 sauce

S - buddig beef

D - Grilled Chicken marinated in Italian dressing.

862 Calories, 18 carbs and 106 protein

Exercise - 90 minutes at the gym

Stay healthy my friends. Mike

AngryViking
on 9/13/16 6:23 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Ohh, Wheat Thins are a weakness of mine.  I wouldn't dare to bring a box into the house.  Who am I kidding, it wouldn't even make it into the house!  Project Reboot is a go!

Emiepie
on 9/13/16 6:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope today is better for you. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 9/13/16 7:03 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I hear ya!  All those bites, licks and tastes add up!  Yet they are so easy to grab! 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Daffodilgirl
on 9/13/16 7:35 am

You got this. Cut the crap and get back on plan! You have done too good to let mindless grazing pull you down. 

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/13/16 7:40 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I feel you.  I have been doing really good with fighting my pretzel addiction. I stopped having saltines and pretzels I like in the house. Instead I bought some crappy pretzels and have refused to buy any 'good' ones until those are gone.  They have been haunting the pantry and I rarely have a handful.  All is going well on the no snacking front...UNTIL...yesterday here at my work the company bought Mexican lunch for the whole crew from my favorite place.  They had, I'm not kidding, a large brown paper grocery bag full of these amazing fresh made chips and a quart of the best salsa in the world. I was like a nut...Twice I found myself in the break room chowing down.  Uhg. Oh well...the sun also rises and today is a new day. Snacks happen...but every time I make a better choice and pass up something is a win. Before WLS I would never have gone more than an hour or two without something going into my face. Got to give ourselves credit for the wins. Hope your day is better today!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Theduffman27
on 9/13/16 10:17 am
VSG on 11/19/14

LOL..nothing better than fresh chips and fresh salsa!

I am doing better today and will make sure I keep moving tonight , I was waiting for my wife to take the dog for a walk last night, she was doing a post for an online class she is taking, I took at least a half dozen handfuls of peanuts and I was pacing around as I wanted to get moving...LOl...I told her to yell at me to stop in the future. I will cut it out...I just feel blah because of the grazing... 

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/14/16 5:48 am

Here is my 2c ... You are at goal and you are very active and you are starving your body.  Our bodies are very smart and water way - it is going to get calories. One way or another. 

I learn that the hard way... Pay a price of andrenal insufficiency when I pushed my body too far. 

Now - I schedule my food much better. I don't have a lot of body fat (for the woman my age) and I do follow low carb diet (no grains, dairy, starchy carbs). So I HAD to increase fat so my body can function...and re-carb once in a while. I recarb depends on my activity level, my weight, my Heart rate (fitbit HR) and blood pressure. 

When I run really low on glycogen - Thats when my body also lose the stored water- my weight gets to it lowest - my muscle may cramp or just twitch, my body fat %on my scale goes up (lower weight - less water - same fat lbs- higher body fat%)

When our body gets low on glycogen - it needs to convert proteins into sugar just to function...that require cortisol (the stress hormone- ) and that typically also increase cravings, and uneasiness- I.e pacing, can't sit still...etc. 

That are my signals I need to refeed...I use fruits - like berries, extra nuts, and add more fat to my diet. 

At 900-1000 calories per day - and high activity - you may be burning all of your reserves... And the body survives and will make us eat. 

Btw- a long time ago - my ex hired a trainer- who put him on low calorie diet and heavy exercise to try to build muscles.  H

My ex was not overweight - but he wanted to build more muscles -results - he lost body fat...but he also lost muscle mass because he did not provided his body with enough nutrition to build muscles...his body was consuming his muscles for energy... Only when he fired the trainer and hired some who put him on high calorie - high protein diet - not only he did not get fat - but he was able to gain muscles and he was mentally feeling better. He had to do 2-3 days a week to re-carb due to high intensity workouts. 

A lot of people don't even realise they are re-carbing. They call it a cheat day - feel bad about cheating - eating too many carbs - when in fact- their bodies are smart and it makes them break the low carb - low calorie cycle once in a while.... 

I.e. yesterday I ate 1 cup of nuts, 2TBS of PB, 1 lb of strawberries, ... Beside my protein forward meals. Plus I took 10gr of fish oil. (divided during the day) . 

And today my scale is the same as yesterday morning. In the low of my goal range. 

Adding fat to your diet maybe a must to nourish your body... 

I use avocado, nuts, etc... 

At goal - you need to retink your diet.... I no longer feel guilty about "cheat days" ... I.e. I had the lb of strawberries for a 3 days in my fridge - and only yesterday I really wanted any. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."