Moving quickly.....

Daniel B.
on 9/14/16 3:04 pm - Mansfield, OH
RNY on 01/20/17

Went to my information session in July, then orientation in August and they ordered all my blood work.  Next was my medical evaluation and she ordered an ultra sound and a scope and said they would schedule the scope closer to my surgery date.  

My insurance needs 6 months of documented weight loss history which I have provided over 14 months worth in a 3 year period.  I have my Psyco eval on October 4th and my first nutrition appointment on the 6th and I am meeting my nurse navigator.  The doctors office just called and my scope is now October 12th.  It seems this is moving really quickly and I am not changing my mind at all but I just always assumed I would have surgery in January/February but now it is feeling like November/December.  I know it is only 2 months but it went from moving so slowly to hyper speed in a matter of a few days.  

Is this normal?  

Thanks

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/14/16 3:37 pm - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Sounds like you are lucky.  Time to surgery and for approval are always variable.  Some folks end up fighting for and waiting years to get their date.  Mine was sort of like yours is going.  I thought it would take longer but everything got approved within a few months. 

Best of luck on your journey!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Daniel B.
on 9/14/16 3:53 pm - Mansfield, OH
RNY on 01/20/17

I think what is weird is that I just assumed I would have that one holiday meal (Thanksgiving) with my family and was honestly looking forward to it.  Of course I am looking forward to surgery more so who needs turkey and all the trimmings?  :)

CathyV
on 9/14/16 7:50 pm

Have it early! Lol

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/15/16 10:06 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

The next year you will be able to have Thanksgiving with smart choices and will feel amazing.  It is all worth it.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

White Dove
on 9/14/16 4:07 pm - Warren, OH

I was scheduled for the first week in December and my family was planning a fantastic "Thanksgiving Last Supper" for me.

Then I got a call that there was a cancellation in October and never got to eat any of that Thanksgiving dinner.

Hope things go quickly for you and that your new life turns out to be better than any meal.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Daniel B.
on 9/14/16 4:43 pm - Mansfield, OH
RNY on 01/20/17

Thanks White Dove.....as you already know from your surgery it is much better than a last holiday meal!

Gavs50
on 9/14/16 6:58 pm

Awesome for you !  They move really quickly on all the first steps so that when they finally submitt your information to the HMO they don't leave any room for delays with questions.  Good luck with the rest of your journey,  hold on tight because it's an awesome ride. 

songbird7P
on 9/14/16 9:00 pm
RNY on 12/30/16

My surgery schedule has moved fast too. I wasn't prepared for it to go so fast but I'm ready...kind of!! It's certainly a life change and a bit scary but I'm ready. Good luck with your surgery and journey!