Finally onto the next stage

Karen9849
on 9/27/16 4:15 pm

Ok so tomorrow  is finally my follow with the nut.  I have to say, I'm hungry.  I'm struggling  with both water and protein.  I can't stand the though of one more shake.  What are you early September folks eating for the next step?  I need to chew to feel like I eating I think. I want the egg face ricotta bake.

Friday is my Surgeon follow up.  I'm terrified of this one.  I have like 70 staples  to be removed and hopefully my J Tube.  I know it's going to be painful, but I need it all out.  It's so uncomfortable.

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

CJ On Orcas
on 9/27/16 5:54 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Yuck to the follow-up.  But I loved the teeth chattering emoji ;)

I am absolutely loving refried beans and cottage cheese.  With as much pepper or hot sauce as I can get on them, no clue what that is all about.  I was loving my half banana but it raised my blood sugar so I stopped.  For some reason applesauce tasted really good.  But I am trying mstly to stick with protein.  I am already on a soft diet - anything I can mash with a fork.  I am trying to mentally justify cheezits.  I mean, I could totally mash those with a fork, right?

Some things I tried that did not sit well for me: ham, chicken (al la buffalo chicken salad), any kind of egg including wet scrambled and egg salad, chili, and now the ricotta bake is too dry for me.  It is amazing how something will taste good once and then the second time my pouch turns over when I smell it.  I am learning not to buy very much of something until I know if it will work long term.

Refried beans with a little melted cheese and light sour cream:  best thing so far!

Have fun and go slow

CJ On Orcas
on 9/27/16 5:57 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Oh and chew like your life depends  on it!

Karen9849
on 9/28/16 2:27 am

Yeah, I'm a visual eater and the look of re fried beans is a no, although I see alot of people eating them.  I also see alot of people doing hot sauce? I would think that would be too much on the pouch?  I did nuy a bunch of tuna packets, maybe I can do those if mashed I p well.

Thanks Cheryl

CathyV
on 9/27/16 8:04 pm

Cottage cheese, refried beans with cheese and a little guac/salsa, I did make the ricotta bake, Greek yogurt, canned chili, canned roast beef hash. Then tuna in those little pouches. Actual meat has been a no go for me. Eggs are sometime ok, sometimes not. I dunno why.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Karen9849
on 9/28/16 5:15 am

Ok I like hash is that in the next stage? I can grind ut up in the bullet.

Thanks Cathy

CathyV
on 9/28/16 7:02 pm

I didn't blend mine. But my surgeon doesn't really have a purée stage. He has full liquids for two weeks, and then soft foods, which he defines as food you can cut with a plastic fork, for three months. So I didn't purée it, it was fine. Ground beef, no...oh that was bad.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

CJ On Orcas
on 9/28/16 8:56 am, edited 9/28/16 1:56 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Roast beef hash I was allowed as long as it was blended.  Horrible looking.  But I go to a place where I live and they always make their refeid beans smooth, with a little milk.  So I am used to smooth beans ;)

I bought Fairlife milk (higher protein, lower sugars and lactose free) and use that to make sugar free chocolate pudding.  There is a chocolate cottage cheese pudding recipe.  Also the Dannon Light and Fit Greek has 12 grms of protein.  The Oikos Triple Zero has 15!  And if you put some of the Unjury protein powder in yogurt, you can get more than a protein shake.

i have no clue about hot sauce.  But your pouch has no feeling at least yet. Hot sauce had no effect on mine.  And it tastes terrific.  I was not a huge hot sauce fan before - didn't hate it but did not use it often.  Now if everything were covered in it, I would be happy.  And pepper, same thing.  Go figure.

Patty R.
on 9/28/16 9:03 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

On vacation right now. I have to admit I have had some real food, but I chew it to death with a tiny sip. Only protein!! Won't see dietitian until mid October, that's when I get permission to advanced to soft. I'm using some of my Lap-Band knowledge.

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 199 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views