Burning feeling, dizziness etc..

DEBGG
on 10/16/16 12:07 am

A few weeks ago I just started to not feel very well as time went on I noticed a burning sensation in my stomach some mild diarrhea that was dark color almost black headache dizziness and if I eat a cracker or something the burning sensation will go away . has anyone been through this I'm hoping it's not an ulcer

BETH6536
on 10/16/16 12:54 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 04/19/17

If your stool is black that is not a healthy sign. You should call your surgeon.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/16/16 5:48 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Black stools can mean blood - so contact your dr, as suggested in the first reply, you have already waited several weeks according to your post.  Do not delay any longer.  At least call first this Monday am and report what is happening.  There is no excuse for further delay, when combined with your statement of discomfort. 

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/stool_color_changes/page4_em.htm#when_should_i_seek_medical_care_for_stool_color_changes

Sharon

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/16/16 7:13 am

A few weeks ago? And you did not call a doc?  That's why they are there for... Time to make a call.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

DEBGG
on 10/16/16 7:32 am

Yes I have an appt with my surgeon. Until I see him I am on liquid/soft diet again. I'm taking my vitamins and omeprazole. My stools is not a constant blackish color it has happened twice in the past few weeks, I am back on my protein drinks (since I'm on liquid diet) and I'm thinking g that's why they are so dark. I see the surgeon this week

Patty R.
on 10/16/16 12:25 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Are you on a vitamin with iron, or taking iron on it's own??  This can cause a blackened stool too.  Keep your fluid intake up, early dehydration can cause headaches and dizziness.  That being said, these are diagnoses that your surgeon should make. If you are far from the doc's office and can't just go sooner, you should give the office a call to keep them updated.

Hope you are feeling better soon!!