Struggling with calories and hunger

khunton
on 11/3/16 12:00 pm

I'm about a year and a half out from surgery. Been in a super long stall. While meeting with my doctor last week he told me he wanted me to try to limit my calories to 800 a day. I'm having a hard time keeping under that limit and also feeling full.  I was wondering if anyone is sticking to 800 a day and could give me advice on meal plans and how to stay feeling full. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Ginnny
on 11/3/16 12:19 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I would suggest protein first of course...and dense protein at that! 

Pop on over to the Menu thread and you'll see what people are eating and how the calories total up.

What does a typical day look like for you?

khunton
on 11/3/16 2:22 pm

I work 7:30am-6pm Monday through Friday and half days Saturday and sundays. I'm a vet tech so I'm standing, walking around most of the day. 

SkinnyScientist
on 11/3/16 2:46 pm

Um..i think she was referring to what your menu looks like versus "what do you do" when asking what a typical day looks like.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

khunton
on 11/3/16 3:03 pm

Lol silly me!

typical day is Greek yogurt the 100 or 80 calorie or premier protein shake for breakfast

morning snack yogurt or p3 snack pack

lunch chicken or turkey and veggie

dinner about the same lean meat and veggie 

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/4/16 9:10 am

no wonder you are hungry.. 

"typical day is Greek yogurt the 100 or 80 calorie or premier protein shake for breakfast

morning snack yogurt or p3 snack pack"

skip the greek yogurt and get some 2-3 HB eggs and a few bites of raw veggies..  

mid day snack - low sugar Jerky, some cheese...a few(5) nuts; or 1/4 avocado.

if 800 calories leaves you hungry - I woudl increase to 900.. with adding more fat 100 cal =10 gr of fat..(i.e. 1/2 avocado, real cheese..etc)

if you don't eat enough long term - you may be tempted to eat off plan - for me - eating off plan means = carby snack...

if you tolerate raw veggies- things like salads with some olive oil can add the volume.

Other veggies that are really low calories are  cauliflower, broccoli, squash, mushrooms, celery, cucumbers...- when I eat that - I don't even bother adding them. (but I can't eat a lot of that anyway)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

khunton
on 11/5/16 9:39 am

I can't do eggs. I have never liked them. I've tried them every way and I just can't stomach them. 

Grim_Traveller
on 11/3/16 12:46 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Try the 5 day ham diet. Ham is dense, low fat and calories, and will keep you feeling full for a long time. Steak works too, but there are more calories in steak due to the extra fat.

The first few days of ditching carbs are the worst. It's the carbs that are causing the hunger pangs.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

khunton
on 11/3/16 12:50 pm

What is the ham diet? Would you be able to use turkey?

White Dove
on 11/3/16 2:47 pm - Warren, OH

Roast a turkey breast, put it in the refrigerator and eat as much as you want but nothing else.  I personally call that going cold turkey.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends