What's on your Menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

ttfan
on 12/6/16 9:16 am
RNY on 08/15/16

Good Morning, or I guess it is now afternoon!  I have been busy .

We have all cut way back on Christmas, we buy for the nieces and nephews, our daughter, and then my husband my daughter and I do stockings for each other, that is fun!  We will go to my nephews for Christmas morning he has two young kids so I made his wife a dried flower Christmas bouquet for a hostess gift, last year I made her a canvas mesh wreath and my sister loved it so I made my sister one this morning, so I will bring that down for her.  We do a lot of baking and spend a couple of days together and it is really a nice time.

Breakfast
Low Carb Italian Meatloaf
Lunch
Turkey, 3 oz
Mustard, 1 tbs
Dinner
Turkey Shephard's Pie - Cauliflower Mash
Turkey, 2 oz
Snacks
Quest Protein Powder - Salted Caramel, 0.5 scoop

Totals cal 516 carbs 25 pro 80

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

catwoman7
on 12/6/16 11:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

super late in posting today!  I got up a bit late and had a lot of stuff to do at work this morning.  Yesterday I put two teaspoons of Metamucil and about a tablespoon of avocado in my SF protein mocha latte, and just sipped on it all day (I put a ton of liquid in mine - a cup of cold coffee and at least a cup of unsweetened cashew milk - plus ice - so I can easily make it last for a long time).  I was really full the entire day (I usually use Benefiber, not Metamucil - but Metamucil seems more filling - unless it was the avocado??  Not sure - but I was stuffed!).  I checked with the PA at my surgeon's office, and he said Metamucil was OK this far out (early out, they recommend Benefiber instead).  So anyway, I'm trying it again today.  As long as I can fit it into my allotted calories, I should be OK...although I wish that damn scale would start heading down again!  I've been stalled for a couple of weeks...

QOTD:  we're all adults (as in no kids in my family), so we mostly just give gift certificates now - often to coffee places or restaurants, sometimes to people's favorite stores.  None of us want more "stuff" just gathering dust.  We usually send my mother-in-law a check, though, and she sends us checks back.  Same thing (with her) on birthdays.  It seems absurd to me, just sending the same money back and forth all the time, but whatever...

18 months out

B:  coconut Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries and 1 T Kashi Crunch granola

S:  iced protein mocha latte

L:  another Greek yogurt (I was in the mood...)

D:  it's my husband's birthday, so not sure as we'll probably go out - something protein forward for sure

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

yvonnef1964
on 12/6/16 11:13 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

QOTD I haven't bought presents in 10 years. When i did i gave gift certificates to my parents favorite restaurant,  my brother money and my neices and nephew i would ask for a list. Also had made bake goods but now most of my family has diabetes so thats not appropriate gift to give now. This year they are getting a picture of me. I got a good deal on groupon for a professional pictures to be done.

B egg mcmuffin and string cheese

L cheeseburger

D cream of chicken with peas and brown rice

S Greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks and cutie orange

Have a great day

AmandaAnn
on 12/6/16 11:30 am - Dayton, OH

Hi Ya'll:

I'm new.  I had RNY on Monday 11/14/2016.  Down 32 pounds at my 2.5 week visit (25 from surgery - 7 from pre-op diet).  I'm struggling to hit any of my goals - so I was searching for a forum where I could get inspiration.  This looks like the one! :)

QOTD: We have a really small immediate family so we buy for our son, niece, my sister and our four parents (we try to stick to a $50 limit for all -- except our son, of course - we spend too much; but, he's still at home... worked full time, is in the police academy full time so we like to spoil him). For the one big family gathering on Christmas Eve, everyone brings a unisex wrapped gift worth $15 and we play the greed game (stealing from each other)... it is a lot of fun and gets everyone (32 of us) gathered in one room, laughing and talking, and enjoying each other... it's awesome.

B: 3/4 of a large organic egg

S: Bariatric Advantage Carmel Latte protein drink in 10oz of warm water

L: 3 oz of Atkins Mac & Cheese with two bites of unsweetened applesauce

S: another BA Carmel Latte protein drink

D: 3 oz. baked Chicken breast

V: Flintstones with iron - 1 in AM and 1 in PM; 3 calcium chews spaced out every 2 hours

L: TRYING!  It's 2:20 and I've had about 34 ounces - I'll make 48 (the minimum)

E: Not yet - Surgeon wants me to wait until I can hit my goals

Calories: 600  Carbs: 37/20=17   Fat: 13  Protein: 66

RNY on 11/14/2016 -- Miami Valley Hospital, Dr. Siddiqui HW: 302 -- SW: 295 -- CW: 209 -- GW: 145

pammieanne
on 12/6/16 12:19 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Hi Amanda!

Welcome to the menu board and congratulations on your surgery! You'll love this board, and learn so much too. The Vets out there that have been out of surgery for several years are a wealth of knowledge. I've learned a TON here!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Emiepie
on 12/6/16 12:45 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome! Glad you found us :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

cc583
on 12/6/16 6:41 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Congrats on your surgery! Welcome the boards. This is a great place, you will learn tons of stuff here!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

FozzieBear
on 12/6/16 12:02 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Hello everyone. I'm two weeks out now and able to start "eating" so I thought I should jump in on these threads and make it a habit. My menu is still primarily protein shakes but I tried a tablespoon each of tuna and cottage cheese for lunch and they both went down well. Planning a hard boiled egg for dinner. Wild times.

QOTD My family is Christmas crazy. We always have been and I don't see it ever changing. Every year we pledge to back off on the gifts but every Christmas morning the pile under the tree proves none of us stuck with the plan very well. My sister (38) and I (40) have never spent a Christmas Eve anywhere but our parents house. Our significant others have always thought we were strange for that but they got used to it. Christmas is family time and we have always woken up Christmas morning (around 5am) together. This year I had a lot of time off preparing for my surgery and even more time now as I try to find my new normal so I have been very DIY this Christmas. Pre-surgery I did a lot of canning; pickles, peaches, salsas, apple pie filling, applesauce, jams and jellies, and now post surgery I have been baking like it's my job so I will be putting baskets together for a bunch of people. I've also been doing some knitting, and while I am by no means talented in that department I can do basic loom knitting so I've been making some infinity scarfs and I'm working on a lap blanket that I really hope I'm able to finish on time. For my grandparents I made a family birthday board (easier to google than explain) and I was pretty pleased with the results. I still have a few small items to purchase but this will be a very homemade Christmas from me. 

pammieanne
on 12/6/16 12:18 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Funny how something like a hard boiled egg can be so exciting to look forward to! 

For me, it was hummus that really called to me. I had so many issues as I started eating 'solid' foods, that I kept going back to my hummus! I bet I smelled like for a while!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

FozzieBear
on 12/6/16 1:41 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I bought some hummus today actually. Don't think I've ever just eaten it by itself before but I've been thinking about trying some for dinner.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 94 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 310 views