Liver-shrinkage diet

teelo
on 3/6/17 6:14 pm

Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear that. I was feeling a little down in that I didn't have many options, but since everybody has been sharing their stories and diets with me, I'm realizing that I'm actually one of the more fortunate ones when it comes to diets! I'm so grateful for the feedback -- thank you for telling me. I'm not sure when you start your 2 weeks, but when you do, good luck with it! You're gonna do great. Once you make it past days 3-5, everything will be fine! Day 3 and 4 were the hardest for me. But just remember that you're doing this for a reason! :)

Er1n
on 3/3/17 4:47 am, edited 3/3/17 5:24 am
RNY on 10/24/16

This sounds just like mine. It was tough but worth it. Remember the consequences of not giving this preop diet 100% which is higher odds of have an open bypass or worse your surgery will be canceled.

There is a purpose for the madness, it sucks but you have to get thru it. If you can't do the preop diet you won't be able to do post op as it is the same or worse.

teelo
on 3/6/17 6:16 pm

Oh I totally understand that! I definitely don't want to have my surgery canceled, as I've been waiting for quite some time to actually have a date scheduled. And now that I finally have it, I really don't want to screw it up! Thank you so much for your feedback and reminding me of these things -- it gives me a new boost of motivation! :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/17 9:24 am
RNY on 10/26/16

7 weeks. 5 shakes. Only a few raw veggies allowed. Water and crystal light and decaf coffee (no add ins)

teelo
on 3/6/17 6:10 pm

Oh my goodness, I don't know how you did it. I thought my diet was limiting but it sounds like yours was much more extreme than mine! Thank you so much for sharing this with me -- it puts my mind at ease knowing that I have one of the more fortunate diets! :)

SmurfyChick
on 3/5/17 3:32 pm
RNY on 02/06/17

Oh wow! Lucky you! My diet consisted of 5 diabetic Boost shakes daily, (for 2 weeks) black coffee and tea and water. I could also use Dasani and Mio drops and that was it.

Now that its all over, I tried to have a Boost shake just to give myself a little extra nutrition and discovered that my new stomach will no longer tolerate Boost. (I don't blame it.)

teelo
on 3/6/17 6:08 pm

That is so crazy! I thought my diet was a little harsh, but in reading everyone else's posts (especially yours) I realize that I'm incredibly fortunate to have options! I think maybe that's why I posted and wanted to hear everyone else's story so that I could realize mine wasn't as limiting as it could be. Also-- I don't blame your stomach for not tolerating Boost anymore, I can't imagine mine will love any of the things I'm having during these two weeks! Thank you so much for sharing this with me -- it really helped me see how lucky I am!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 181 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?