Happy Friday Eve, what's on the menu today, RNYers?

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/18/19 6:13 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I haven't been a big poster here, but I am going to try this recipe. I just got an Instant Pot.

I like the high protein content so the calories. I will omit the salt. There is already salt in onion powder and the soy sauce (even though it calls for low sodium soy sauce). I plan to eat in the lettuce cups as shown.

Anyone tried it before - any tips???

It's from: https://www.hungry-girl.com/recipe-makeovers/slow-cooker-shr edded-orange-sesame-chicken

It's slow-cooker shredded chicken meets Chinese takeout! This sweet & savory recipe is perfect for make-ahead meals. Serve it over cauliflower rice, spoon it onto a salad, wrap it in a whole-wheat tortilla... So many easy & delicious options!

Hungry Girl's Healthy Slow-Cooker Shredded Orange Sesame Chicken Recipe

Slow-Cooker Shredded Orange Sesame Chicken Print

1/6th of recipe (about 1/2 cup): 195 calories, 3.5g total fat (0.5g sat fat), 397mg sodium, 13g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 10g sugars, 26.5g protein

Freestyle? SmartPoints® value 2*

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 3 - 4 hours on high or 7 - 8 hours on low Ingredients:

1/2 cup chicken broth

1/3 cup orange marmalade (see HG Tip)

2 tbsp. light/reduced-sodium soy sauce

2 tsp. chopped garlic

1 tsp. onion powder

1 1/2 lbs. raw boneless skinless chicken breast

1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper

1 tbsp. sesame seeds

Optional seasoning: red pepper flakes

Directions:

In a slow cooker, combine broth, marmalade, soy sauce, garlic, and onion powder. Stir until uniform.

Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to the slow cooker.

Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.

Transfer chicken to a large bowl. Shred with two forks.

Return chicken to slow cooker, add sesame seeds, and mix well.

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

HG Tip: Save sugar and calories with a low-sugar marmalade, like the kind by Smucker's. If made with low-sugar marmalade, each serving will have 175 calories, 7g carbs, 5g sugars, and a Freestyle? SmartPoints® value of 2*.

Sharon

artchikk
on 7/18/19 7:35 am
RNY on 02/12/18

This looks delish! I might have to try it next week!

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

bethmal
on 7/18/19 12:36 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

Looks good and my MIL bought us a ton of chicken breasts - not my favorite but I am going to give this a try!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

catwoman7
on 7/18/19 6:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well my smoke/CO detector in the family room upstairs started chirping at 2:00 a.m. There was no way I was going up there at that hour to muck with the thing (DH is away this week - and I'd have to somehow keep the cats out of there since all the stuff for the new porch is in there - including window treatments that'll need to be re-hung (they're currently spread out on the floor to keep from wrinkling - the cats love scratching their claws on them, so they have been temporarily banned from the room). It'd be challenging enough in middle of the day, so no way could I do it while half-asleep at 2:00 a.m.). So I closed my bedroom door and turned up the volume on the radio. No go - I could still hear the chirping. ARRRGGGHHH!! Finally went up at 5:00 am and disconnected the thing. Fortunately, I did not have to turn off the circuit breaker as I originally thought (the directions I initially read were for a different model which would have required that. This one did not. Whew). The chirp pattern and frequency indicated it was time to replace the alarm, so I had to order one - at least I won't have to listen to the chirping until the new one comes in. It would drive me stark-raving mad.

Torrential rain this morning - it's going to clear off later only to morph into another scorcher today. And tomorrow, even worse. Ugh.

QOTD: it was so easy to stay on plan. I had phenomenal resolve back then. Now, it's a constant struggle.

4 years 1 month out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt and 3/4 C strawberry/rhubarb sauce (no added sugar), coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: turkey taco meat with lettuce, tomato, salsa, and plain Greek yogurt ****ep forgetting about this taco meat - I have GOT to eat it before it goes bad (if it hasn't already!)

AS: Mah Jongg this afternoon. I should probably take a protein bar with me just in case

D: maybe turkey taco meat again. Or pulled pork with grilled zucchini.

have a great day, all!

Emiepie
on 7/18/19 7:18 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I had a smoke detector battery issue a few weeks ago but it was not in the middle of the night. I hope you have time for a nap today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 7/18/19 6:46 am - Amarillo, TX

Morning everyone.

looks to be a long & hot day here. Have to take the car for an oil change but other than that who knows. I'm hoping for a stop at target to look at teas.

b:PP shake

s:soft small protein bar

l:PP shake

s:???

d:tilapia and some summer squash if there is room.

Emiepie
on 7/18/19 7:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning Em and crew, so good to see you on here!! We are here to support you- you've got this! It's Friday-Eve and it's gonna be a warm one with temps over 100 for the next few days.

Accountability: snacks happened.. again :(

QOTD: Lack of hunger. I miss those days of eating 1/2 a yogurt and being stuffed.

TSS: 4 years 11 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: SF almond milk latte, 2 real good good mini snack pizzas, and Carbmaster yogurt

D: Green chile chorizo, green beans, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with SF jelly and butter, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 5.5 mile run and 40 mins elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1379 Protein:110 Carbs:99 Fat:69

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 7/18/19 7:37 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I love how varied your diet is! You always have such delicious sounding meals that add up to great macros.

It's funny how different pouches can be. Very little bothers my pouch. I can eat spicy, I can eat sweet. But raw carrots make me projectile vomit! Well, I haven't tried recently but they used to. For the record, falafel used to too, and I tried a few times and now I can eat it, thank god. I guess I don't like carrots enough to muck around with them ;)

Emiepie
on 7/18/19 9:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

It is funny that our punches can be so different- I'd be lost without my carrots and mustard (that's what I dip them in).

I can tolerate most things too (I haven't tried regular sugar "stuff" as I assume I dump since I get RH if I'm not careful and eat too many simple carbs) just some foods cause horrible gas.

Writergurl08
on 7/18/19 7:47 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Morning all! We arrived in Seattle yesterday afternoon after a relatively smooth second leg of flying. The first was very turbulent and my neck and back weren't fans. I had a slight luggage snaffu, as someone took my suitcase. It was identical to one left on the luggage carousel that I almost grabbed before noticing the tags weren't mine. After waiting for the carousel to go around a few times we concluded that no new luggage was coming through and someone mistook my bag for theirs. We took the identical bag to the baggage office and they were able to contact the owner of the bag that was left. They must not have gotten too far, as I only had to wait long enough to have a coffee break before my suitcase was brought back.

We are staying in the Pioneer Square area, and the pike's place market is just a 10-15 minute walk, so that's what we're exploring today. We did splurge a bit and ate Italian for dinner last night at this little place around the corner from our hotel. DH and I split lasagna and I have no regrets. Today I'm having coffee at an Italian Cafe, also bear the hotel, before we head to the market.

Qotd: I'd say the same thing about it being SO easy in the first 6 months and now almost a year and a half out I really have to focus on calories in vs calories out. It's easy to let high calorie foods slide back in.

Breakfast: coffee and I had a yogurt at the hotel

lunch: I'm sure we'll have a ton of options in the Market area! Hoping to keep it light today to make up from last nights pasta

dinner: meeting up with a friend from high school who lives here, she's taking us to a seafood place, so I'm sure the choices will be good.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views