Whats on your Saturday menu RNYers?

karenp8
on 5/9/20 6:09 am - Brighton, IL

Guess I'll start us off as no one else has. Pretty day here in the cornfields of Illinois and Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in already. We'll do 2 more later as well. QOTD what's your favorite Saturday activity? Mine is slowly enjoying my coffee. Work morning I gulp it down and barely taste it! Accountability sucked let's leave it at that. I gave in to the sweet cravings and had 5 mini chocolate bars and made myself so sick. You'd think I'd be over that but apparently I'm not. Stomach is still a mess so I'll take it light today. Weight is 120.4 today. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c cauliflower parmesan soup D 4 oz baked fish. Need to get at least 100 ounces of fluids like I did yesterday. Today's pic of Miss Lily snoring follows. Have a great day and stay safe! Yes she has her head buried in my leg. Always.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/9/20 6:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning Karen! Nice to see you starting us off. I hope JB is relaxing and feeling better.

We had our last golf cart parade of the season last night. Five more days until we fly north. I'm looking forward to it and not...

Today is laundry, walking (with and without Justice), and reading/hanging around.

QOTD: Saturdays have been much the same as every other day since I retired 2.5 years ago. The most noteworthy thing is that I usually avoid stores on the weekends and sometimes restaurants. But that isn't even applicable now (other than not grocery shopping on the weekend).

TSS: 4 years, 1 month

B: Coffee! WW zero point pancake and yogurt

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Deviled eggs and maybe something green?

S: Bean salad, blueberry lemon pie and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 5/9/20 6:43 am, edited 5/9/20 6:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday morning menu friends.

i was up a lot with leg pain & cramps. Such a frustrating night. So tired.

I?m going to share the picture of the butterflies I made last night again. I just adore them!

Qotd:hmmm not sure on this. I don?t really do much on Saturdays usually. I guess that?s my favorite...not having to do much lol

b:oatmeal & pp shake

s:reduced fat cheese stick

l:3 oz boneless chicken wings

s:100 calorie popcorn, beef & elk meat stick

d:protein bar maybe a yogurt before bed.

Theduffman27
on 5/9/20 7:00 am
VSG on 11/19/14
On May 9, 2020 at 1:43 PM Pacific Time, Melody P. wrote:

Good Saturday morning menu friends.

i was up a lot with leg pain & cramps. Such a frustrating night. So tired.

I'm going to share the picture of the butterflies I made last night again. I just adore them!

Qotd:hmmm not sure on this. I don't really do much on Saturdays usually. I guess that's my favorite...not having to do much lol

b:oatmeal & pp shake

s:reduced fat cheese stick

l:3 oz boneless chicken wings

s:100 calorie popcorn

d:Parmesan crusted tilapia & eggplant

Great work!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

karenp8
on 5/9/20 7:03 am - Brighton, IL

Those are beautiful, Melody!

MadisonRose
on 5/9/20 7:28 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Those are so beautiful! I love them!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 5/9/20 7:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

DH needs some things at the grocery store, so we'll go this morning before it gets too crowded. I don't know why everyone still seems to be going on the weekends because so many people are home these days, but I guess it's just habit. At any rate, I avoid crowded grocery stores like the plague, so we'll have to go as soon as I get done posting.

it's a beautiful, sunny day again, but cold. It'll be even colder tomorrow. That's the last thing we need this year - the polar vortex in May. Hopefully this won't last long. And hopefully it'll be warm enough to walk today.

accountability: I was up over 1600 kcal yesterday, so not happy (I've been trying to keep it at about 1500 - the low end of my maintenance level). I won't lose weight on 1600, but at least I won't gain. But still... I was at the hospital from 1:00-7:00 pm with a friend who was having surgery, and I had protein bars and individual packets of nuts with me. It's kind of hard when I'm in a situation like that where I don't have planned out meals - no other food around, and not sure how long I'm going to be somewhere. Oh well, my weight was down a lb this morning, so I'm not going to complain. I'm probably going to have to stay with her when she gets home from the hospital (she's divorced and has no kids), so I may be facing this again. I'll have to come up with some kind of plan for those days.

TSS: 4y11m

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers with peanut dip

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries or diced mango, maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese. Raw veggies with light ranch if needed.

D: Beyond Burger with skinny bun, lettuce, and light Thousand Island

have a great Saturday, everyone!

MadisonRose
on 5/9/20 7:51 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! It's a *****illy here this morning. Before surgery I stayed hot all the time....didn't matter the season, I was always hot and sweating! Now I'm always cold and shivering. I don't know what was worse as I don't like being either. I guess cold though since at least I can bundle up and try to stay warm. My accountability wasn't the best yesterday. I was doing good until the late night sweet and salty cravings began. I didn't make terrible choices as I snacked on fruit and some mixed nuts, but I ate way more than I should have. That's what happens when I mindless snack without control.

Today I'll need to go pick up the cake I ordered for my mom for Mother's Day since they will be closed on Sunday. It's from her favorite bakery and they make the most delicious cakes. Then tonight my brother is having me over for dinner. They are grilling the shark they caught last weekend while fishing. Still haven't fully decided if I'm going or not since my stomach has been cramping still.

QOTD: Sitting on the back porch with the cat when it's not too chilly, sipping my coffee and watching the birds and squirrels. Admiring all my roses that have bloomed and every now and then enjoying the sweet fragrance of all the flowers when the wind blows. It's just nice being able to slow down and enjoy your coffee like you said Karen because on work days I'm chugging it down as quick as I can.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 2

S: L&F yogurt w/granola and banana

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: maybe grilled shark and some veggies

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Lisa91941
on 5/9/20 8:14 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Cool here so far and it's a beautiful day on tap. I will get out and walk.

I took all the advice yesterday and hit 64 grams of protein with just a little stomach distress. I've already got a scoop of protein in my coffee and plan on nailing that number again. I appreciate the guidance and perspectives of people who've been in the trenches longer than I!

QOTD: I get up on Saturday, make a cup of coffee, take my book and relax and enjoy an hour of quiet reading time. I'm out the door at 5:30 am M-F, so an extra hour or two of sleep and then my coffee/reading ritual feels like spoiling me time. This morning I am going to finish Never have I ever, and I can't wait to see what happens and I'm bummed it's going to be over at the same time! SUCH a good book.

Menu:

B: hard boiled egg ala Emipie style

L: leftover chicken thigh

D: TBD

S: Unjury chicken protein broth

Peace, everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/9/20 10:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hate it when a great book ends!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!