How to tell my kids I'm have WLS

NewYorkWeightLossM
ama

on 12/19/23 7:25 pm - Syracuse, NY

How do I tell my kids I'm having weight loss surgery, my oldest is 14, and my youngest is 11

Sheila_H
on 12/20/23 8:01 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Kids, mama is having surgery.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 12/20/23 4:04 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Agree. It's not that complicated. I shared the same thing with everyone in my life. "I want to be the best and healthiest version of me so I'm having a procedure next month that will help me lose weight. I'm so excited!" I got no negative comments. Only support. Would you ask the same question if you needed a surgery on your liver? Obesity is a disease.

I must say, you seem like a bot. If you're a real person, stick around. Post on the menu board. Learn. Iterate. Make friends. Don't be some weird bot.

wendygail
on 12/22/23 6:15 am - Live Oak, FL
Your kids are old enough to understand that you are having surgery, and what it's going to intel. Keep it upbeat. And at the beginning of each stage of this new journey, just give them a heads up of what to expect.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Soweder
on 1/7/24 11:10 pm

Actually, your two children at this age are already clearly aware of many problems. You can choose the simplest words to console the 14-year-old child first. The two brothers will have better similarity when conveying information. You need to choose to speak simply so as not to surprise them.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views