What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/28/24 2:50 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Thursday already, again?? Weeks really do go by a lot faster with a regular schedule, that's for sure. Last night's schmoozy event was good. After being in my new job for a little under a month I knew about 30 people (out of 400+) who were there, including my own team. It wasn't a great event to get to know new people though because it was extremely loud (there was a band, of course) and it was very crowded, so other than a few introductions to some new people, I mostly hung with my own team. It was a nice event though. It was a service recognition event for people who have been there, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 & 45 years. Wow, people don't leave this place, lol. So many people got awards!

But, OMG my poor little feet. I wore Rothy's which are great for an office day with light walking, but not good city walking shoes. I ended up with a very unexpected 19,855 steps on Boston sidewalks, and then the event was 5 hours of standing on a concrete floor. My feet literally throbbed all night while I tried to sleep.

I would love to have slept in a little this morning but the cats were such little ******** The fat one stood on my chest while I was sleeping and wouldn't move, and the other one systematically knocked things off of my side table to get my attention! Aren't they cute?

QOTD: What style of pizza is popular near you and do you like it? We have a kind of pizza that is extremely local to us--just in our small area of the state. It's called a "south-shore style bar pizza", and it's an individual small sized pizza with a very thin caramelized crust. I grew up only about an hour away and had never heard of this style until I moved here. I have no idea why the rest of the world doesn't eat this style--it's the best!

Accountability: I didn't really eat anything yesterday after breakfast at 6:30am until I got home at 9pm, and since I was starving and my feet were throbbing, I didn't make the best choices I have ever made... Grim picked us up some (south-shore style bar) pizzas before he got me from the train, so that happened. And there will be leftovers consumed all day. Sorry not sorry.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • leftovers
  • veggies
  • leftovers

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 3/28/24 3:16 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all. So sorry about your feet QJB! That totally sucks to have em hurt like that. Throbbing is the worst.

We're going to have to go get some chuck roast today from Sam's. My mom is intent on having a picnic Sunday and I'm not a fan. Of course the only thing that my mom told my brother to bring was chips. I will make pasta salad, probably the chuck roast in the crock pot(easy peasy) and I will have to make the cupcakes. I wanted to do cookies that we could buy but as usual I'm overruled on things like this. She asks me what I would want to do as if it mattered. I've told her I don't want to do a picnic and she simply doesn't give a **** On top of all the food crap we have to take three Easter baskets for the kids and eggs for an egg hunt. Also portable chairs. Yay. We haven't been getting a long well if you couldn't tell LOL

I found pickle ketchup yesterday and I do like it! Not usually a ketchup fan but this will be good on hamburgers and potatoes.

QOTD: there really isn't a style we're known for or anything like that. One place has a jalapeño popper pizza that is supposed to be good. My favorite pizza locally is a taco pizza. Regular hand tossed crust, refried beans instead of sauce and all the taco stuff. It's delicious. I've seen the New England bar pizza on ATK and thought it looked really really good. If I was ambitious I'd make it.

B: eggs, cheese, cilantro lime sauce and 4 saltines. Coffee x 2

S1: small packet of oatmeal

L: chili with sour cream and sharp cheddar

S2: no clue as of right now

D: salad.

Accountability sucked yesterday. We decided last minutes to get Thai so I had that for lunch and dinner. More rice than I should've had. I got seafood. Vegetable fried rice. Most of the rice is still left. They really packed it with veggies this time. Lots of onions and scallops along with shrimp and the imitation crab meat.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/28/24 3:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Thursday. I have a regular schedule and my weeks do not fly by, possibly because of the length of them, lol, but it's still Jr Friday and that is always a good thing! Do you ever consider taking a second pair of shoes? When I was doing a lot of conference's into evening events, I found that even just switching from one pair of flats to a different one gave my feet a bit of a refresh.

qotd - Colorado is not known for pizza, but there is a mountain chain called Beau-Jo's that's big thing is a thick crust that you then dip in honey and they sell it in pounds (1-5). I think it's awful and haven't had it in at least 30 years but people must like it, it's been around about 50 years and that's hard to do.

busy day at work today, our Canadian and many European teams are closed on Friday so a few extra things moved to today, plus get in my morning workout and then potentially dinner with friends. I have a couple of meeting this afternoon that could give me actions to be completed by morning so only tentative dinner plans.

menu

coffee with half and half x3

cottage cheese

protein bar or cheese sticks

probably chicken enchilada at dinner or the last of the turkey/potato leftovers if I have to work

have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 3/28/24 4:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I would have taken a second pair of shoes if I knew my day was going to include a mid-day death march across campus, but I was surprised by it. I will bring an emergency pair of sneaks to leave at the office, now that I know, though.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 3/28/24 5:01 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Woody's in Golden can be good sometimes. Definitely avoid the pizza buffet and order off the menu though.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 3/28/24 5:33 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm not a fan but it's another that clearly a lot of people like! Especially the original one in golden, it might be the only one left. For a while there were 8-10 chain locations I think.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 3/28/24 5:41 am
RNY on 08/29/18

We've had some hits and some misses there.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 3/28/24 8:00 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I think we went there when we stayed in Golden. The kids liked it.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 3/28/24 8:05 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I think it's right across the street from the hotel you stayed at.

Sheila_H
on 3/28/24 8:25 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Yup, that's the one.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 497 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 467 views