What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Greateight
on 4/9/24 5:23 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

The Men's game last night was pretty much the same as the Women's game on Sunday. Substitute Zach Eady for Caitlin Clark as the superstar that performed valiantly but was ultimately overtaken by a deeper opponent. Both UConn and South Carolina played great and deserve their championships. One big difference is that Caitlin is going home with about $3 million of endorsement money from the tournament. Because Eady is in the U.S. on a student visa, he is not allowed to work, which apparently includes NIL money. For the game, we had Italian Beef sandwiches, which were yummy.

Our office building had an eclipse viewing event and provided us glasses. So I got to look up and see the moon covering about 90% of the sun. Pretty cool. What I was surprised about was that it never really got noticeably darker. DD sent me some video from Dallas and she definitely experienced some of the sun cover. I'm less excited about the Cicadas.

I have a fairly busy work day today and need to go to Crossfit. Hopefully, I can go at 10:00.

QOTD: I am a fairly regular vegetable eater. I'm not sure if its every day or not.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Italian Beef

Dinner: chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 4/9/24 5:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

same here - it didn't get dark here at all, but I borrowed someone's glasses for about two minutes, and the sun looked like an extreme crescent moon. Evidently it doesn't take much sun power to brighten the Earth!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Grim_Traveller
on 4/9/24 6:52 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It definitely got darker here. But not dark. Shade from a tree and fence were still obvious. So, more like a cloudy day. But yeah, 9 percent of the sun is still plenty of light.

I'd be curious to see what the output of a solar panel would be, between the full sun and 9%.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/9/24 7:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

They said we had about 65-67% occlusion which peaked at 1240 local time. You can see it in my production even at that lower level.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 4/9/24 11:23 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Way cool! So about 1/3 exposed, and half the power output.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 4/9/24 5:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I enjoyed seeing all the eclipse pics around social media but I didn't step outside to view it. I have several reports I need to work on today and a few meetings so I'm sure the day will go by fairly quickly.

QOTD: Raw carrots almost daily for lunch during the week and usually a veggie with dinner.

TSS: 9 years 7 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Steak, broccoli, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: rest day

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1349 Protein:120 Carbs:138 Fat:45

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 4/9/24 5:58 am, edited 4/9/24 9:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Film fest continues today, but I'm not working at it again until Thursday. Whew. Yesterday was pretty intense because I was working at a regular movie theater (as opposed to one on campus), and we had four of their eight screens. Not much in the way of down time. But at least the time went by really quickly! I earned three more tix for working. There's one DH wants to see tonight, so I'll have to find two more to go to by myself - I don't want to waste free tickets!

my mother's confusion is pretty bad. I made an appt for her on Friday. I'm hoping this is just a UTI or trauma from the fall she had a couple of weeks ago and not the onset of dementia. After losing my dad a few years ago from Alzheimer's and losing my MIL after Xmas after a year of dealing with her terminal illness, I'm not sure I'm ready for this.

QOTD: I do eat vegetables every day, but usually not enough (this would include the handful of raw spinach I throw in my protein shakes (i.e., the ones I make with almond milk and protein powder and whip up in the blender)). I'm a fan and follower of Dawn Jackson Blatner (an RD based in Chicago), who once encouraged her followers to eat things from 30 different plant-sources every week - but this also includes nuts and whole grains in addition to fruits and vegetables. I do usually meet the 30 (although the last five or so can be a struggle), but then, that's not all vegetables.

coffee with half & half

Greek yogurt or skyr with fruit

Loma Linda southwest burrito bowl

protein shake

the last of the eggplant kuku (if it still smells OK! It's been awhile...)

ex: if I can get myself in gear in the next 15 minutes, water aerobics. Else I might bike to class today

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 4/9/24 6:35 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

Hope everyone enjoyed the eclipse. I spent it in my front yard with neighbors. We had 93% totality and it was cool to see.

I'm making more of an effort to live in the moment. Last night, I went to the Civic orchestra and it was very nice.

QOTD- I try to have a veggie with dinner.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: pp shake.

D: Prime rib taco in a bowl.

Pics of prime rib dry age experimentation to follow on Friday.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Sheila_H
on 4/9/24 7:22 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

One more sleep and I'll be goooone!

No visible solar eclipse for us. DS in San Diego said he saw a partial one.

Yesterday and today are mostly in the spirit of closing as many loops as I can at wor****ep telling everybody I'll be 6-9-12 hours ahead of them, depending where they are, and to please keep that in mind when they think it's an emergency and they call me with something that can wait. Other than that no big deal working at off hours while overseas. I also gotta get my hair and facial done as last items on my personal to do list, and packing tonight.

QOTD: not as much as I used to before WLS! I used to live on giant salads and loved them. Nowadays maybe mini cucumbers and grape tomatoes on my own. And when DH cooks he usually adds asparagus, broccoli, or other greens. But even then I'd eat one or two. I'm still in the protein first mode. When I'm by myself I don't even buy/cook veggies.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • EggWich
  • Jello, chomp stic****d protein coffe w/protein cold foam
  • Buffalo chicken w/few Wilde spicy queso chicken chips
  • E: HIIT+weights

Happy taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 4/9/24 7:42 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Yesterday was full of little things to get done. Made it to my HIIT class, though I tried my damnedest to talk myself out of going late Sunday/very early Monday. But I made it, got home for coffee and ready for the day and had a half dozen errands to deal with. I was given a pair of eclipse glasses at the last book club, so every time I stopped to get out of my car, I took a moment to pull them on and watch the eclipse for a minute. I got to view it 4 times. Very cool. Still don't know how those glasses work and too lazy to google it. I know I was taught this information several times in my life, but my brain seems to be full and is dumping things not oft used.

Accountability was very good yesterday. Unlike Sunday when I had a bottomless pit day.

Today is road trip. Over to AZ to see my Dad for a couple days, transfer to one of our best buddies house for a few days more and going to a wedding Saturday evening. Home on Sunday. I hope to get out of the car at Dad's after 5-6 hours of driving and take a good walk to stretch things out and to get in my minutes.

QoTD: Yes, I eat a good amount of veggies. Lots of tomatoes, asparagus, cruciferous chopped up stuff, onions, spinach, etc. I don't eat a large volume of them, but I eat them usually a couple times a day. It's part of how I manage my body without being a Miralax kid. Plus I love them and I missed them so much when I was all protein, all the time.

Food today is unknown. I think Dad bought steaks and potatoes for dinner.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 151 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views