What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/9/24 2:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Goooooood Morning! I hope everyone had a great Monday. Mine was perfect :) I had some great meetings and watching the eclipse was a nice fun mid-afternoon break. We're also about 98% done with the main puzzle, then we have to do the mini puzzles, then get to solving the mystery.

Today might be a little frustrating. I have 30 minute meetings all day but none of them are back to back--all of them have a 30 minute break in between, which is nice for being able to take pee breaks but annoying when you can't really get anything substantive done in between.

QOTD: Let's talk about vegetables (sorry Grim). Do you eat them every day? Raw? Cooked? I've been trying to add raw veggies back into my diet because they have been missing since surgery. I only occasionally have them cooked, either. I don't think I "need" them for nutrition, but I do think I am better nibbling on a cucumber mid-day than whatever else I might choose, so I am making an effort.

• protein coffee
  • nuts & cheese
  • leftover steak & veggie sticks
  • cucumber & mandarin orange
  • chicken fajitas
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 4/9/24 2:48 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

We have the plumber coming today to just clean the lines. Shouldn't take too long. We have a chance of rain today and I hope it comes to fruition. We could use it. My sinuses could use it!

the price for my dental work will be around 4300. If I had chosen to get the implants to hold the denture in it would've been a cool 14,000 bucks. I wish I could do the latter but it's simply a wish. Thanks to severe dry mouth caused mostly by my medications and of course type II diabetes my last 8 teeth will be removed on the 17th. I am embarrassed to admit all that but I want it to be a warning to those that don't think diabetes is really all that serious. IT IS!!

QOTD: I love veggies. I like em raw and cooked. I try to every day but I don't alway**** that goal.

food is terribly unplanned today. My mom is wanting pizza on French bread so I might hallow out part of one and load it with meat and veggies.

Sheila_H
on 4/9/24 7:49 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Diabetes is a beast, but it can be controlled with diet.
My dad and grandma got diagnosed with diabetes type II at the same time. My dad rebelled and kept eating whatever he wanted and died when he was 62. My grandma on the other hand took the dr's advice seriously, followed the diet put together for her, and lived to the ripe old age of 90 without any of the diabetes side effects.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 4/9/24 8:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh I 100% agree. I know what I need to do. Depression makes it complicated for me. I care then don't care. It's a constant battle but one I'll never give up on.

Dcgirl
on 4/9/24 2:49 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning! Ahhh yes I know that day well. It's impossible to do heads down thinking work in 20 minute increments!

I'm glad you had a perfect day! I love when that happens. My Monday was the Mondayest ever. Massive HVAC project gone wild. Suffice it to say, I'm proud of how I handled all the stress. I kept reminding myself, "no one died" (other than my bank account) and I didn't not snack or stress eat. That's a win in my book! (The Wegovy helps too)

Q: so funny you ask...upon Sheila's recommendation I started watching "You are what you eat - a twin experiment" and it's FASCINATING (also, sorry Grim lol). I don't think I could get enough protein from being a vegetarian but I can't deny that the Standard American Diet is, indeed, "S.A.D." I don't have a ton of vegetables - maybe cucumbers or mini peppers once a week, perhaps asparagus once a week I am sure I should prioritize eating the rainbow more often.

i have two doctors appts downtown today so my day looks like drive early, do two calls from cafe, meet colleague for coffee, appt, hour break to work at cafe, appt, drive home and work rest of the day, and gym

B: all the coffees at all the cafes, maybe an avocado toast in there somewhere?

L: turkey and havarti

D: turkey tacos night! Happy taco Tuesday yall!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/9/24 3:15 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Isn't "eat the rainbow" from the Skittles ad? I could be on board with that.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 4/9/24 4:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Sheila_H
on 4/9/24 7:51 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Not stress eating is always a win in my book. Even if the situation doesn't get resolved, or resolved fast enough, if I come out the other end not having eaten I consider that a total win. I can deal with the situation again.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 4/9/24 3:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday! I would say that half hour meetings with a break in between is better than 10 hours of back to back half hour meetings! Plan for a couple bio breaks, a couple short things you can do and maybe a walk around the building in between two and the day will be over.

qotd - yes but not as much as I used to pre op and I've never been the biggest vegetable eater. I eat them both raw and cooked.

busy day today, will get my cardio in as soon as i finish this cup of coffee and last nights Jon Stewart. Then it's off to the office. I do have to go on two days in a row today, I usually try to break them up but scheduling didn't work out to my advantage this week! I am meeting a friend for dinner tonight through so looking forward to that! We are going to anIndian BBQ place that's new to both of us.

accountability - skipped lunch to watch the eclipse, skipped cardio because I didn't get to working out until after 430.

Menu

coffee plus half and half x3

cottage cheese

ham and cheese sandwich

either the masala bbq or maybe a chicken kabob, I would love if they have a paneer + chicken kabob option.

Have a terrific Tuesday

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 4/9/24 3:36 am
RNY on 08/21/12

What could Indian BBQ possibly consist of? You just put that in to see if I was paying attention, right?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active