What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Dcgirl
on 4/17/24 4:54 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning! Jen I'm so happy you took a full day Friday, despite it making your four days extra packed. Three days off in a row is good for the soul. My friend works at a tech company called HonorLock That provides some sort of online proctoring solution to higher ed. And they get one day a MONTH off for mental health. And people block a day a month called "mental health" and it's totally respected and no one would dare book over it. Awesome, right?

Q: I am in constant social situations but don't let the food bother me. I either eat it if I want to and like it and am hungry, or don't. Now I have a lot more willpower with the Wegovy. And more restriction too. But before no one ever cares what I eat or drink, just like I don't track other people's intake. Does it feel like you should eat or drink to be part of the "crew" at these work events? I like Jen's idea to get a soda and lime to carry around!

I'm soooooooooo excited! Tonight I get to see Phil Rosenthal, the writer of Everybody Loves Raymond and the star of Somebody Feed Phil (my favorite feel good show) live in DC! I have a busy day 9-5 and then I'm outta here!

B: leftover tuna and spicy pickles. I forgot how high protein and delish and easy a can of tuna is! 180 calories and 36 protein. Of course mayo adds to that but still!

L: either leftover turkey sauce or chicken sausage that DH is grilling this morning

D: will be grabbing something by the theater. Maybe cava or potbelly!

Have a phenomenal day. Almost halfway through. Good luck Melody!

Partlypollyanna
on 4/17/24 5:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Somebody feed Phil is such a delightful happy show. I hope it's even better seeing him live!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 4/17/24 5:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That sounds like an awesome benefit. Have fun tonight!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 4/17/24 6:40 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Have fun feeding Phil.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Amy Liz
on 4/17/24 7:12 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I love Phil!! Have a blast!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Amy Liz
on 4/17/24 5:39 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Best of luck this weekend, Grim! The couple of times that I had to drink decaf before/after surgery were miserable, but still better than no coffee at all. Similar to going from reg to diet soda or reg to light mayo, it takes time to adjust and sometimes a very long time. I had a great day yesterday. I accomplished all the things and I'm ready to do it again today. I have a light calendar, but lots of to do. Training and cleaning up all processes possible while waiting for the new staff person whose start date is now the end of May. Hurry up and wait. Yup. It's supposed to be sunny and 80 today! I will get out and take a walk if I get a chance.

QOTD - I struggle with this too. I need have a plan because staying on track really important to me. Sometimes, I will allow myself to indulge yet I'm very careful, only worthy bites and only so many. I don't want to waste calories/pouch space on a bite that is just meh ever, if I can help it. If I'm drinking, it usually doesn't end well calorie wise. This isn't so much due to the drink calories but the food cals I will consume without care. I have this struggle happening this weekend.

Accountability - perfect - 180.6 today. Day 3 on the treadmill done. I have rearranged my schedule to make this work and so far so good. I will bump up my time next week and until I get to 30 minutes. Then I will work on my intensity and add weight days. Still establishing this habit so I don't want to overcommit and sabotage myself. I know me...I spook easily.

B- coffee, L&F yogurt, strawberries, protein granola

l - chicken w/salad and chipotle dressing

d- pork chops and smashed potatoes

s- cucumbers, string cheese

771/81

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 4/17/24 5:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! So one more morning with your coffee-enjoy every sip. Hopefully there is fun planned for the weekend getaway so it'll cancel out the lack of caffeine. The new team member seems to be really be doing well even during the busy payroll week.

QOTD: It has been awhile since I've been to one that wasn't like an actual meal. For like an appetizer type thing I would usually have a "normal" meal prior to going and then put a few things on a plate to graze on during the event.

TSS: 9 years 8 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Grilled chicken breast, Colby jack cheese, keto bun and SF BBQ sauce, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1401 Protein:123 Carbs:135 Fat:47

Have a great day

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 4/17/24 5:54 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Wednesday,

I'm off to a slow start this morning. I better get in gear though since I won't have free time until 8ish tonight. I will have a productive day regardless.

Good luck to Grim in these challenging times!

QOTD- I go in with a game plan depending on the food. If it isn't anything special, I'll just graze. If it is delicious, I may overeat. For example, a friend brought a sheet cake to the club yesterday. The cake looked delicious and people were going back for seconds and thirds. I told myself if there were any cake left, I'd bring some home to eat later. There was one big corner left so I took a small square. I wanted the whole things but was able to leave the rest just in case people wanted another piece. Win, win.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: chicken and avocado taco

D: Lamb loin chops in lemon rosemary marinade.

Stay freaky.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Greateight
on 4/17/24 6:17 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

This evening we have a social event. We are going out with the tennis team to celebrate the April Birthdays, including mine. We are going for pizza and Rock and Roll Bingo. My understanding is that we get BINGO Cards and cross off every time that we hear a song on our card. I don't know whether it is five across, corners, etc. But i'm excited, I love music, pizza and BINGO. I asked Marilyn if we could bring the BINGO Dabbers from Royal Caribbean and she said she threw those away years ago.

We also have to go and get our visa pictures for our trip to Asia this fall. That will necessitate a shower, as will BINGO after Crossfit. We got our airplane tickets Monday, we fly from Chicago to Seoul and then from Seoul to Bangkok. On the way home we fly Hanoi to Seoul and Seoul to Chicago. It is going to be some long travel days.

QOTD: Tonight I will eat all of the pizza. I will try and be careful not to eat sop much as to put myself in any sort of discomfort. There is no green couch in the restaurant, after all.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Ravioli

Dinner: Pizza!

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 4/17/24 6:44 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Well, if you did not believe in a God this was a sign from him telling you he is alive and he got your caffeinated back today. I hope it goes smoother than you think. I did 8 months after surgery with no caffeine, but I don't think I could do it forever.

I have an in-service at 10 today and I am hoping to run to Walmart for some headbands. I seem to lose them, and I am looking for some neon ones. Other than that, just going to stop and see mom. My caregiver is doing an awesome job. I was so lucky to find her on such short notice.

QOTD: Oh, as a newbie I would freak out and only eat the protein and vegie choices, but I felt like I was missing out. Lately I just try portion control and stay away from chips and bread when at all possible.

Accountability: I did ok

TSS: 6 years 4-months 6-days 165.6 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: L&F Caramel apple pie Greek yogurt, cantalope and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: crack chicken zucchini lasagna and snack select

D: ham salad

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views