What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Lisa91941
on 4/17/24 7:52 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Yesterday was a combo of good successes, chicken was amazing and I finished my book, and being a slug. I finished my book and only moved from couch to chair to kitchen. But I'm good with that. Today is a few errands and maybe a walk this afternoon. I certainly am not feeling motivated to exercise this week, but know now from experience that I will suddenly get ants in my pants and be off again. I'm also learning that it's ok.

QoTD: I eat something balanced before I go, keep a big glass of ice cold water with me and only bite things that l think are amazing and are not sitting at home that I can have any time. Mostly this works for me.

Bites today I think are...

B: chopped up roasted chicken breast and an egg

L: piece of roasted chicken breast on toasted protein bread with a tablespoon of unexpectedly cheddar spread broiled on top

D: baked cod with lemon and a small amount of rice on the side

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 4/17/24 8:39 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm forever drooling over your menu!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 4/17/24 10:41 am
RNY on 02/14/18

What is the book that was scary and became a daytime only book? I just picked up one from my library hold list, Nigh****ching and it's definitely a daytime only book!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 4/17/24 2:55 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

The Marsh King's Daughter. A Sheila recommendation, so you may have already read it! I found the psychological part of it very unnerving.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/17/24 4:10 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh yes, it's a very good one for sure! The movie with Daisy Ridley was ok but not as good as the book. The Wicked Sister is good too.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Julia S.
on 4/17/24 8:38 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I used to drink my way through them to deal with my social anxiety disorder, and that did not help my weight. The last social situation was a remembrance for my coworker. It was at a restaurant and I had one drink and nothing to eat, which was OK. I don't really have a social life, so it's not a problem.

We did have frost last night, I covered my strawberries with a tarp and they are fine. Now I just need to fence out the squirrels so I actually get more than 1 berry this year. Allergies are hitting me hard, feel like I'm in a tunnel my nose is stuffed and my ears are plugged. Not a good feeling. I took an antihistimine so I hope it will clear soon.

Not much going on, I did the 3rd class for our new drawing program and I did find out some of the things that I need to know. It's going to be a pain. We cut on Friday and I'm dreading it.

I've procrastinated enough, I need to get to work and actually get something done.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 4/17/24 9:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

sorry I've been AWOL lately. A week ago I was swamped all week with the film festival (both volunteering at it and seeing films - 10 of them!), and also, my mother was recently diagnosed with dementia, so I've been busy dealing with that, too. For now I have home health care workers coming in in the morning, and I go over there most evenings, but I'm hoping to move her into a continuous care community in the near future...the one I really would like to see her in has a 3-6 month waiting list for assisted living, which may be OK (if not, our #2 place has immediate openings). She's not severe enough yet to be in a memory care unit, but she at minimum should be in assisted living. And I want her somewhere where they DO have a memory care unit, in case she needs it in the future. Some time this week I need to go through her estate documents to see what I need to do to activate the durable power of attorney. She's totally confused by her mail and bills, so I go through her mail every time I'm over there and pay any bills that need to be paid (most I set up to autopay quite a while ago, but there are still some that have to be paid manually). I really did not need to be dealing with this so soon after losing my mother-in-law (and spending months of hell during the last phase of her terminal illness), but it is what it is.

QOTD: this one can be hard to navigate depending on the situation. I sometimes put off social invitations if I already have one or two in a given week (I don't put them off indefinitely - I just suggest a later date. Too many eating events in one week can be deadly, even if I'm careful). I've also suggested meeting people for coffee instead of a meal. At events where everyone brings food, I don't eat things that come from stores. It's not that I hate things that come from stores, but I have to set up at least SOME boundaries to limit my choices, and if something from a store looks great, I can always ask the person where they got it and just buy it myself at a later date. In addition, I always plan to load up on things like raw veggies and just take a couple of other items that look especially good, but that doesn't always work, unfortunately. As for meal-based events - if given the choice of a restaurant, I'll usually suggest something like Mexican since I can get a street taco or a fajita (and just eat some of the meat/beans and veggies). If I have no say or control in a situation, then my goal is to just aim for not OVEReating. But yea - it's a constant battle. These things I mentioned sometimes work, but not always.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with cranberry compote

protein shake

not sure about lunch - maybe salad and a cheese stick or two

Greek yogurt - maybe with some tahini stirred in since we're having a late dinner

Dinner with be at the Harvey House (it's our anniversary). I think it's going to be featured on Top Chef tonight! (it was recently named one of the 50 best restaurants in the US by the New York Times. The husband was the sous chef under Thomas Keller, and the wife under Alice Waters. They decided to open a place here, though, since one of them is from here, and the other is from Chicago). Anyway, it's supposed to be great - can't wait to try it out!!

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 4/17/24 9:32 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Have a great dinner, Trish, I know it's been a rough couple of months.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 4/17/24 12:34 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry about the update on your mom's health. I hope you can enjoy your anniversary dinner.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views