compression body stocking

rmpitts
on 3/25/11 12:15 am - NY

has anyone every wore a compression body stocking after surgery? Wondering if it helps with prevention of sagging skin..
Thank you!!!

peachynptc
on 3/25/11 1:40 am - Fayetteville, GA
I think the only thing that will help is exercise. I've probably stretched out so much it will never go back.

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

heardb
on 3/25/11 2:15 am - GA
I can't say if it true or not but I heard that very samething, I was actually looking for some myself......Let me know what you find out.
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/11 2:24 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Compression anythings are typically not for the skin and sagginess, but for support and to keep swelling down. 

If you have extra skin, then you have too much skin.  If you build up a nice foundation of muscle underneath, then the extra skin has a pretty something to drape over, but the tricky thing about skin is - you really cannot be sure what its going to look like afterwards.

And with folks who have been heavy for a long time - losing quickly versus slowly WILL NOT change the fact that we have GROWN extra skin to accommodate what we were trying to fit in our old skin! 

But - as for me, weight lifting has helped a LOT, and it helps me to feel differently in my skin, then I might have if I had not been a partner, and was just "hoping" that it would be all snappy backish!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 144 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 437 views