Had surgery on 19th-

jbskaggs
on 3/27/11 2:43 pm - holt, MO
Hey had my surgery on 19th no pain- my home doctor actually had me try to eat anything I wanted in small doses and well chewed. I was having allergy problems with the shakes and artificial sweetners.  So far soft beans feel the best- energy and comfort wise. Oh I tried a piece of bread- that was not pleasant.  So I am avoiding breads for the next month or so.  

The only thing that really hurts me is water- I have to take very small and SLOW sips or my stomach cramps.  I mean really small.  It doesn't happen with milk, yogurt, juice, or broth?  What gives?  Somehow I always get air when I drink water even with a straw and that air hurts.

I can eat right at 3 1/2 ozs then I am stuffed.

Before surgery I went from 420 to 371 on day of surgery- my weight has stayed 371 since my surgery on the 19th- when does the weight loss start?  I understand water weight but I shouldn't be holding water for more than a week.

JB

glmglb
on 3/27/11 3:26 pm
VSG on 04/21/11 with
Hey! I have been a lurker for a long time but have received alot of education on the matter. One thing I picked up was No Straws!!
ms_smiles
on 3/27/11 9:22 pm
You shouldnt drink with straws? I never heard that interesting. Thanks.

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be”- George Sheehan

justeric78
on 3/27/11 10:44 pm - Houston, TX
With straws before you get the fluid you get the column of air that is in the straw so they say not to use them or anything else that has air in it. They recommend sippy cups or sports caps.
jbskaggs
on 3/28/11 2:59 am - holt, MO
 AN air column? Huh that makes sense.  I had been using straws to control my gulping reflex.  I will have to ponder this.

HollyLaLa
on 3/27/11 11:09 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/08/11 with
I found that warm tea or room temp water worked better for me.  I used to be a major coffee hound but I have lost the taste for coffee (my friends are in shock!).  I bought an assortment of all kinds of cool decaf tea to mix it up so I wont be so boring.  
HomemadeCream of chicken soup:  White meat chicken, cook in broth with some carrots and potatoes (not too many) then pureed was great during this time period for me. 
Good luck and take it easy.
Holly

Nothing worth having comes easy.  Success comes with hard work and determination and sacrifice!   

ROCK ON!             
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views