New Kid on the Block

AlmightyIsis
on 3/29/11 9:41 pm - TN
Hi every one,
I am new to obesity help. Today my doctor's office informed me that they have submitted all of the necessary paper work to my insurance company for approval. I was wondering how did it take for some of you to get approval from you insurance companies and what are some things that I need to do in order to prepare.

ccbelle14
on 3/30/11 12:08 am - Minneapolis, MN
Welcome!

Every insurance company is different in what they require, but my guess is if your surgeon's office has submitted everything, there won't be any/many requirements left for you to do. You'll likely hear in 1-2 weeks what the insurance company says.

Good luck! Make sure to read through as much as you can about your upcoming surgery...I felt so prepared and then didn't freak out when things happened to me (stalls, etc).

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Momof2Sweeties
on 3/30/11 12:38 am - NJ
Yes, every insurance company is different. I have Aetna under my husband, and my doctors office said they got their response within an hour, but I didn't find out for 2 days. Good luck,

Shannon

brighterDayz
on 3/30/11 7:16 am
Hey! We have the same Dr! I'm scheduled for VSG in 2 weeks so let's stay in touch :)

I have Aetna and it took less than a week for the approval to be processed and another few days (holiday weekend) before both the Dr's office and I had received the approval letters.  Once they submit, there's technically nothing for you to do but wait.  I will tell you this, they will ask you to lose some weight prior to surgery, so, just start doing little things (if you already haven't) and start walking or doing some other type of exercise (if you already haven't) because it's only going to help you in the end.

Best of luck to you :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 439 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views