What about cereals like Total? Meats? Salads?

jbskaggs
on 3/30/11 2:52 am - holt, MO
 I usually eat a small bowl of cheerios once a day- but I was wondering if Total cereal vitamin content was comparable to Flintstones chewables?  I really like Total but havent eaten it in years.

Also I discovered something about meat doneness- well done meats really are uncomfortable- like a brick in my gut.  Where as medium to medium rare don't sit so heavy. Does this affect you?

How do you handle salads vs protien needs- I skipped a meat meal and had veggies/salad instead last week and my energy level plummetted almost immediately.  I am really craving a good salad.

JB

KrisJ77
on 3/30/11 3:15 am - TX
I agree...meats are the most difficult for me!!  AND - I crave salad all the time!!  I had one yesterday for lunch and dinner...it had grilled chicken in it...however, when I went back to it at dinner, the chicken seemed to dry.  Ugh!! 

mimikay
on 3/30/11 3:49 am
If I read your surgery date correctly, I'm surprised you can already have meat/salad. The carbs in Total would be too much for my plan, and I'm required to take 2 multivitamins/day. Be careful with your new tummy and good luck!
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
jbskaggs
on 3/30/11 4:15 am - holt, MO
I will be careful!

God bless
skatie
on 3/30/11 4:39 am - NJ
I was looking at your surgery date also and I did not attempt meat for almost 8 weeks.  As for the cereal I do not eat it. It has too many carbs.  Maybe high protein oatmeal but I stick to cottage cheese and protein shakes for breakfast.  Godd luck!

jbskaggs
on 3/30/11 4:59 am - holt, MO
 I am allergic to the flavorings and sweetners in the shakes- so after some nasty episodes mydoctor started me on solids early.  people should follow the advice of their own doctors and if your doctor says dont eat solids then don't.

I have no pain or complications and I am very careful not to stuff myself.  I see my doctor weekly and discuss what I will be eating.

Thanks for your concern.

BTW I compared what I used to eat in a day vs now:  In December an average meal was over two to four thousand calories.  My daily caloric intake is about 800 give or take.  I used to eat an large pizza at pizza hut by myself.  Now my meals are about 3 oz's

skatie
on 3/30/11 5:05 am - NJ
Please do not take my post as though I was criticizing what you are eating.  We are all different and you are correct in the amount of calories you are consuming is significantly less.  If you are going to try meat this early. I would suggest cooking it in a crock pot.  I do that for chicken and beef.  Tasty and easy to digest.  I wish you the best of luck.

jbskaggs
on 3/30/11 5:08 am - holt, MO
 Great idea I hadn't even thougt of getting the crock pot out!  

I knew you were being nice- I was stating for the lurkers to obey their doctors not copy what people on the internet do.

God bless - crock pot ummm.
JB

skatie
on 3/30/11 7:45 am - NJ
When your  new stomach can handle corn try this recipe
2 large FROZEN Chicken breasts
I jar of salsa 16-20 ounce jar
I can of black beans
I can of corn
Throw everything in the crockpot put on for 8 hours Enjoy! Sprinkle some cheese on if you like or yogurt with taco seasoning it.
You could eat just like that or put it on corn tortillas. 

jbskaggs
on 3/30/11 7:51 am - holt, MO
 Looks nice! 

Yogurt with taco seasoning?  Wow I bet that would be good.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views