Water retention and lasics

jbskaggs
on 3/30/11 4:21 am - holt, MO
 I have bad surface vascular structures so I retain water in my shin area.  My Doctor put me on lasics to get the water out.  I took one dose (20mg) at 10am it kicked in at noon and I passed over a pound and half of water!  My shin swelling is half it's normal size!   I have no idea how much water weight I have- but it my leg feels much better.

now to add potassium to my vitamins

JB

Pixie-Power
on 3/30/11 6:12 am - Los Angeles, CA
My husband, who is a diabetic, had the same problem.  Lasics helped immensely, but getting his weight lower helped even more.  By losing 20 pounds, he was able to get off the lasics.

age: 53   5'1" tall   HW=231  SW=216  CW=139.8  GW=130         

didim62
on 3/30/11 6:35 am, edited 3/30/11 6:38 am - Kensington, CT
I have had horrible edema in my ankles, feet, shins and right up to my thighs for a couple years. I had the VSG on 3/15 , gained 8 lbs from IV fluids and have lost 33 lbs since the day I came home. I now have ankles, my sneakers and a pair of shoes no longer fit and I do not have the pain in my left knee that I had with the excess fluid sitting there. It feels great to not see that donut around my ankle and to be able to walk without pain. Not sure why because I have lost weight before and it never went down like this but I am happy!!

My only HEADS UP is to make sure you are taking in enough fluids to be taking the lasix because I am having trouble taking fluids in and feel like I am getting dehydrated. I stopped taking the lasix before surgery myself.
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
jbskaggs
on 3/30/11 7:29 am - holt, MO
 That's great!  I also hope Im not on it long.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views