My kid hurt my stomach

jbskaggs
on 3/30/11 1:20 pm - holt, MO
My 3 year old daughter hurt my stomach by lurching and fighting when I tried to get her into her carseat. 

Nothing tore- but my whole incision area is sore now.  Nothing inside was hurt but it was shocking that I am sure something inside COULD have been hurt.  From now own my wife will be putting her in carseat.

JB

NewDawn50
on 3/30/11 1:30 pm
One of the reasons we're not supposed to lift heavy things - they can kick!

Seriously, my German Shepherd jumped up on me like a ton of bricks a week after my surgery and it jurt like the devil - for a bit.  I'd say, give yourself a little time.  See if your incision is leaking or red.  You obviously know you can call your surgeon if you have to.

Please be a little careful the first few weeks, We are so tender ansd swollen and the slightest things hurt.  I'm sure your wife would agree that now is not the time for you to put your toddler into a carseat.

Feel better!

gizmoe
on 3/30/11 1:45 pm
how are you doing JB you were just leaving the hospital when i came to have mine then you were just getting ready to go home from the recovery house my husband Grant stayed the night at the house when i was at the hospital
jbskaggs
on 3/30/11 1:53 pm - holt, MO
 Ah was Grant the Canadian?  Im sorry I dont remember many names from that weekend. What was your name? I feel very embarrassed that I don't remember the names.

I am doing very well- my home doctor moved me to foods already because of some reactions to the diet stuff.  But I am talking with her about every new food I eat and how it is to be made.  I see her once a week.

Im losing about 1 lbs to 2lbs a day.

How are you doing?

I just posted some pics from down there.

JB

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 1:47 pm
I am two weeks out and my cats want to jump on my lap (and belly) and then make biscuits there.  I found these 3 cats as kittens just a few days old in our pasture and no mama came to claim them so I ended up bottle feeding them for about a month.  They are sure I'm their mama I guess.  When you live on a farm you end up being mama to lots of baby animals.  You should have seen me one year teaching goslings to eat in the grass...
LittleMissSunshine
on 3/30/11 3:09 pm
Make biscuits!!  LOL!  I miss cats... my husband is severely allergic though

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

jbskaggs
on 3/31/11 1:15 am - holt, MO
 What does that mean "Make biscuits"?

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/11 1:25 am

When cats "make biscuits" they sort of knead with their paws, they will get a faraway look on their faces as they open and close their paws usually against something soft and cushy. Its a left over from when they were kittens and nursing, kittens will knead the fur around the nipple as they suckle to get the milk down.  As adults they do it when they are happy or just because it feels good I guess. 

gizmoe
on 3/30/11 1:57 pm
yes the canadian!
no worries on the names!
Im the same!
Im ok
Im down 12 pounds
Ill send you a private message with my name
jbskaggs
on 3/30/11 2:03 pm - holt, MO
 Grant was a great guy! I have no idea what I rambled to him about. But I remember him being very pleasant and knowledgable.

JB
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views