OT: iPhone or Droid X ?

5gruwells
on 4/2/11 7:09 am - Petersburg, VA
My phone is dying and I can't decide which to get....

" A fool with a tool is still a fool....."

Ashleyxx
on 4/2/11 7:24 am - Detroit, MI
I have the iPhone 3 (wish I had the 4) but I still love it!!! I love all the apps too, I don't think I know anyone who has a droid so I can't compare the two.
Jenn H.
on 4/2/11 7:24 am - Portland, OR
Thunderbolt! I have the EVO from Sprint and the Thunderbolt is the updated version for Verizon. I was an iPhone user before getting my Android and I'll never go back. If I really want an iWhatever, I'll get an iTouch or iPad and get the same thing except they don't have phone capabilities.

But seriously, it depends on what you're looking for. The android is good for those who are more tech or creative savvy I think because it is so customizable. The iPhone is simpler, more user friendly so to speak.

Age: 32 | Ht: 6' | HW: 350 | Pre-op: 330 | SW: 311 | CW: 207 | My Blog: vsgjenn.tumblr.com

Monthly loss: 1,-24lb/2,-13lb/3,-11lb/4,-12lb/5,-11lb/6,-14lb/7,-9lb/8,-8lb/9,-7lb/10,-3lb/11,-5lb/12,-10lb/13,-3lb/14,-1

Lisa F.
on 4/2/11 7:29 am
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my iPhone!! Being able to surf the net while talking on the phone is awesome and the apps are really great!
LittleMissSunshine
on 4/2/11 7:30 am
I can't comment on the Droid at all, but I think a big part of the decision should take into account what you primarily use the phone for. 

If you use your phone primarily for keeping up with work stuff while on the go, then I'd go with the Windows Phone 7.  You have full access to open and edit MS Office documents, Outlook syncs seamlessly, etc.  I switched from the iPhone a few months ago and am really happy with it.

If, on the other hand, you're mainly using it for personal stuff and are really into the latest and greatest apps, then I'd go with the iPhone.

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

brownblonde
on 4/2/11 7:40 am
 Don't know anything about the droid, but I'm a big fan of my iphone.  Once you go iphone, I doubt you'll go back.  I have a few more dropped calls, but everything else is soooo much fun!

abejita
on 4/2/11 7:54 am, edited 4/2/11 7:59 am - dallas, TX
I might have to disagree with that. I had a iphone 3gs forever, then last month I upgraded to an iphone 4. I ended up bringing it back and exchanging it for an htc inspire, which I love, love, love!!!

mary

eta: in the three weeks that I had my iphone4, I dropped multiple phone calls a day, which I never did before.

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
Could_It_Be
on 4/2/11 7:56 am
I'm in the same boat and don't want an iWhatever, just cause it's the IT phone right now. I've heard iPhones are crappy when it comes to actually talking on the phone.

That's my biggest complaint with my blackberry Storm.

I'll be waiting to see what you get and what you think :)

justeric78
on 4/2/11 8:14 am - Houston, TX
If you go for a droid don't get the X get the droid 2 somehow it is the newer version. I will never go with an iphone after this phone. Game apps aren't as good but I have never lacked finding an app for anything I want to do. You can also upgrade the storage capacity if you start running low with a new SD card fairly cheap. You cannot do this with the iphone as they don't even have an sd slot. Also the iphone does not support flash which many sites use. Lastly Apple is evil. Seriously though I personally feel the Droid is a much better phone. I would not go with lesser android based phones.

LunaLovegood
on 4/2/11 8:22 am, edited 4/2/11 8:24 am - WA
I have both (iPhone for home, Droid X for work) and I prefer the Droid X for calls (AT&T sucks), but I hate texting on the Droid - I much prefer the iPhone for texting, apps, and music. Now that iPhone is on Verizon, when my plan expires, I will probably get the iPhone 4. Internet is better on the Droid, but not being able to check the internet while talking is kind of annoying.

Weight: Highest 317, Consult 311, Surgery 292, Current 210.8
Weight lost by month: 22, 13, 11, 8, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 0, next update 12/5.    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views