Made my first drink too fast mistake today!

jbskaggs
on 4/1/11 4:40 pm - holt, MO
I learned what real pain was today as I drank too fast and could not get the gas out- I literally thought I might be dying then I vomited up my lunch. I thought I had waited long enough after lunch to drink, but was busy watching a show on TV and gulped.  The pain took about three seconds to kick in and then I was gasping.

I seriously had my wife beating my back as I chewed up four gas x tablets and banged on my desk till I ran out side and the gas caused me to make this gassy noisy purge.

Did nazi's ever use gas to torture prisoners? It was horrifying and nothing I faced before in my life was like that. And I have been through a lot of pain!  I never thought that when we drink we drink down air like that.

I had some gas pain before when I drunk water- but it was almost everytime and finally it went away.  But nothing like this.

If that does not teach me to sip and wait then I must be an idiot.

vjb1952
on 4/1/11 5:17 pm - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
Hi there...hear ya!  I am used to drinking fluids from a straw. Well, last night, I don't know what I was thinkin' but I fixed my protein drink and  like I have many times before, stuck my usual straw in it and took a couple swigs...then the rumbling started.  Fortunately I realized my mistake and discarded the straw before I arrived at your condition!  I actually bought a bottle that has a sippy straw-topper-thingy called a "camelbak"  bottle so that I can re-learn "the lost art of sipping", since that is now a survival skill!  Wishing you continued success on this journey,  Viv

vjb1952

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/11 5:41 pm - Germantown, MD
The good news is you won't have to sip forever. I remember the first time I did that. Ow, ow, ow. Now I take normal drinks though I still can't guzzle like I used to.
disabled_nurse
on 4/2/11 3:12 am - Bogalusa, LA
i took the advice of others on here and i got me a baby sippy cup! you can't take big gulps out of it. I also use the baby plate, spoon and fork, the spoon gives u the little bite u need to swallow without hurting or making you foam, or waiting too long between bites of food.

jbskaggs
on 4/2/11 4:28 am - holt, MO
 I use the the little plates, forks and spoons.  I may need to get me a sippy cup.

Thanks 

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 4:40 am - Germantown, MD
 I'm not a toddler so I didn't buy baby stuff. What I DID buy was pretty little dessert plates and ****tail forks and spoons. I got the most gorgeous forks and spoons from amazon.com. They're small (****tail size) but very pretty. Now I want to get the regular sized silverware to match.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views