Heartburn or Acid Reflux

Miss Amour
on 4/4/11 8:44 am
VSG on 12/29/10 with
I was on Prevacid but finally finished my required pills.  The other day I thought I was having heartburn but today I got the same feeling.  Is there anything to help that or would I have to take something OTC?

sportsmom3
on 4/4/11 9:18 am - Battle Creek, MI
I would call your physician, but that is probably what you are having.  With the smaller stomach, it's going to be more apt to happen.  I'm thinking I will be on a PPI for quite some time.  Maybe you can get another script or just buy it over the counter.  Good luck!!

HW 340; SW 304
furiosmommy
on 4/4/11 9:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
You are a few days further out than I am, but the same thing just started happening to me. I took my initial month of Prevacid that my doctor recommended and I have been fine since then. Just yesterday I started having really bad heartburn and I think I'll have to go back on a PPI. During the first month I just took the drug store brand of Prevacid, so I think i'll just go back to that it's cheaper and hopefully it helps.

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Miss Amour
on 4/4/11 10:31 am
VSG on 12/29/10 with
Thanks. I will see if I can take something over the counter because the prescription ones were highway robbery.

Miss Amour
on 4/5/11 2:53 am
VSG on 12/29/10 with
I just called the surgeon's office. I feel like my chest is on fire and I'm about to lay down in the floor and wither away. LOL
laurak712
on 4/5/11 6:33 am - New Braunfels, TX
Heartburn SUCKS!!  I've been on Prevacid since day one, so I can relate.  It is available over the counter just so you know.  The difference between the Rx and the OTC is the strength...15mg vs. 30mg.  Either one works for me!  Hope this helps.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Miss Amour
on 4/5/11 6:39 am
VSG on 12/29/10 with
Wow.  That's been a good 2 years for you.  Do you have to take it every day?  Shortly after I posted, they called me back and placed a prescription.  This time they ordered me the capsules since it comes in generic form.  Before I had the disposable kind which only came by brand name.  Well being down one pill was good while it lasted.

laurak712
on 4/5/11 8:32 am - New Braunfels, TX
Initially after surgery I was given the brand name solutabs 30mg.  I loved them and only needed to take every other day.  Then I tried the OTC 15mg capsules and they worked fine too, but I needed them every day.  So I had Doc prescribe the new generic 30mg ones and am back to every other day.  They work just as good as the name brand and are cheaper for me with a Rx than the OTC ones.  Does all of that make sense??

I have tried various times to get off them but suffer with heartburn so I just gave in and had to realize that this medication is part of my life.  I guess it's a small price to pay for being slim and trim : )

Laura

Height 5' 7

Miss Amour
on 4/5/11 10:18 pm
VSG on 12/29/10 with
I picked up the prescription yesterday and it was only $10 for 30 of the generic pills.  I'll see if I can take them every other day too to see how well it works.  Yesterday I thought I was going to be in tears.  I've never felt heartburn like that.  You are right though.  I was looking on the shelf and think I was getting a better deal.  This really is a minor side effect since it took me longer than usual to get ready since some of my clothes were too big :-)

laurak712
on 4/5/11 11:41 pm - New Braunfels, TX
Yes, yes, the heartburn IS a minor side effect, but the big clothes...now that's a much bigger side effect, lol. ; ) 

I love my size 4's...

Laura

Height 5' 7

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views