Burning Pain

MrsWash07
on 4/4/11 2:48 am - Houma, LA
 I am almost two weeks post op and I have this burning pain near one of my incisions. Is this normal? It is like everytime I move it hurts!!! I go to my first post op tomorrow and I will find out what the deal is but I was just wondering if I did something wrong.
ms_smiles
on 4/4/11 2:59 am
Sorry u are going thru the same thing I am. Im seven days post op and my burning, stinging pain started yesterday. I left a message at my surgeons office and waiting for a response but I did post the same question on OH and apparently this can happen as a normal healing process. Its nothing you necessarily did. I hope u start feeling better

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be”- George Sheehan

jbskaggs
on 4/4/11 3:01 am - holt, MO
 Sounds like you may have opened or tore an incision- which I found out came be a common thing after surgery and not neccessarily dangerous thing. But it could also be a sign of infection and should be looked at.

I have a similar problem and will be heading to my own doc tommorrow.

JB

wert
on 4/4/11 3:01 am - MN
I hope you both get an answer. I can't help - mine just itched like mad for about 3 weeks. Drove me crazy. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

MrsWash07
on 4/4/11 3:06 am - Houma, LA
 Thanks everyone. I don't think it is a torn incision because I can see the incision and the pain is below it. I am concerned that it can be infection but I don't have any warmth at the site or any redness. And what is weird is that is not even sensitive to touch. If I didn't live 2 hours from my surgeon, I would be there today! But I will be early tomorrow and will update on a cause. Thanks for the support. And good luck my fellow burners!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 3:29 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I am 3 weeks out today and still have pain in the largest incision (where the stomach was pulled thru). It is not infected and actually looks very good. My surgeon said that site would have the most pain and some people are just more sensitive to the pain. Before this, I thought it'd be a breeze, as I've had 4 c-sections (with no pain relief afterwards due to breastfeeding) and a couple other abdominal surgeries. But this has been a bit more than I thought it would be, as there were also 2 hernia repairs (unexpectied) and my liver was bruised during the procedure. So now, instead of 2 weeks off, I have 4 off. I go for my 2nd post op tomorrow and this will def be discussed, as I'm sure will be your #1 topic at yours tomorrow! Keep us posted!!!
cattywompos
on 4/4/11 3:41 am
I had that right from the get go.  Felt like I was ripping my incision open everytime I sat up and moved.  At my two week appointment I asked my doc and he said it is because they put sutures on the inside and that is what I felt pulling.  Got better after 2-3 weeks or so.  It seemed the more I moved the better it felt.  I wish I had a girdle or something at that time because I always walked around with my hand holding my belly :)
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

ms_smiles
on 4/4/11 4:42 am
I just got a call back and was told that this does happen and they asked me questions about how it looked to see if it was infected. Well that does not seem to be the situation with me. However, I didn't like the fact that I was told it could last a couple of months. I was not expecting to hear that! The most I have seen people complain of this is three weeks on OH. I hope its alot less for me

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be”- George Sheehan

MrsWash07
on 4/4/11 7:27 am - Houma, LA
 I called my cousin who had the surgery and she said that the same thing!! I am glad that you don't have any infection, I don't think I have any either. I guess we will just have to suffer together.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views