Need PreOp Motivation...Need to lose weight but just not coming off

hopingtolose
on 4/4/11 3:33 am - CA
Hi Guys,
It has been a while since I have been on here because I have had alot of stress with my job. I had my band taken out on Feb. 11th and I am having the sleeve surgery on June 17th. Now here is where I need help. The doctor would like me to lose at least 25 pounds before my surgery. Since I had the lapband out I can't seem to get past 280. I go up and down the same 3 pounds and I am getting frustrated. I am going to the gym at least 3 times, if not 5 times a week for a half hour. I am thinking my body is mad at me from all the yo you dieting all those years.
I was thinking about doing the liquid diet for 10 days to kind of jumpstart and then go to 1200 calories a day. Do you think that might work? I am so frustrated I can't tell you.
For liquid diet what did you do?
Thanks
Gina
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 8:21 am
 Hello,

Sorry your having such a hard time. I had VSG on 3-18-2011. 3 weeks before surgery I decide to do protein shakes 1 or 2 a day. The times I ate it was chicken, turkey, or fish with veggies. I went from 228 down to 212. I wasn't working out. I couldn't believe I lost that much. Hope this helps and everything goes well for you.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 60 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views