2nd Post-op appt

missjanuary31
on 4/5/11 8:46 am - oak park, MI
Now I try to stay positive however for some reason my mind feels that there is away to mess up this wls thing. So i was kind of nervous being weighed today because its so hard to not think about what I'm going to to eat? am i hungry? Am I eating enough? My surgeon didn't say i was doing bad but he did say that he wants me to be more active and make sure that I'm eating 6meals. So how i calculated that into you should have lost more. Any suggestions for getting all protein in i don't like the shakes i can do at least one. I have some samples of unjury clear haven't used it hope it works for me. Maybe when i go back to work i can get my mind of weight loss and just wake up one day 150.lbs lighter

PW 401 SW 391 cw 374 total 27lbs in 3 weeks in a day.
sportsmom3
on 4/5/11 8:54 am - Battle Creek, MI
27 pounds in 3 weeks is great!!! I think you are reading way more into than what your dr actually said!!! Great job!!  This is what my typical day looks like:

breakfast  1 cup milk with 1 scoop unjury - chocolate splendor(love it!!) 28gr protein
snack        Oikos Caramel greek yogurt                                                  10gr protein
lunch        1/2 cup cottage cheese                                                         14gr protein
snack        Chobani greek yogurt(either peach or strawberry)                14gr protein

That gives me 66 grams of protein before I even hit dinner.  I usually have more protein for dinner, usually in the form of mashed potatoes made with milk and powdered milk for more protein or refried beans & salsa, or cream soup made with milk.  My snack before bed (I know some feel it is taboo, I do not) is usually unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon.

I hope this helps and I'm sure others will give you great ideas, as well!!!  Keep up the awesome work!!!!!!!!!

HW 340; SW 304
missjanuary31
on 4/5/11 9:11 am - oak park, MI
Awh thanks im gonna try that out i have never like cottage cheese but i will try it again just to see if its something i can tolerate.
foodlover
on 4/5/11 9:51 am
27 pounds in 3 weeks is crazy good!
sportsmom3
on 4/5/11 9:55 am - Battle Creek, MI
I never liked the low fat, small curd cottage cheese because it was just too dry for me. I wasn't planning on eating cottage cheese until my nut told that I could eat 2%.  I bought some and it wasn't nearly as dry as the others.  Large curd only comes in the higher fat (at least around here).  I don't do anything fancy, just a little bit of pepper and I'm good.  I have read that others put things like hot sauce on theirs.  The old standby of fruit, but that depends on your food list.  Applesauce would probably work...tho not for me!! 

HW 340; SW 304
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views