At church tonite I cooked

jbskaggs
on 4/5/11 11:35 am - holt, MO
 For the youth group I cooked sirloin strips sauteed with green olives, V8, and garlic and pepper.  Added little cream and parsmesian  gave the kids green beans and corn.

Pretty good not many left overs.

I think if I would have gardenia it would have been 5 stars as it was only 4 stars. Still everyone liked it.

1 pound of sirloin cut into 1/4 strips
1 can v8 ( you can get low sodium v8 too)
garlic to taste
1/2 tsp black peper
1 cup cream (or alfredo if wanting tangier taste)
1 10 oz jar of green olives and pimentoes with juice
parse or 1 jar gardenia with pepperocinnis and juice for spicier taste

mix all ingredients in skillets bring to low boil and turn to low for thirty minutes (a barely simmer)

Hope yall like.

JB

_Nikki_
on 4/5/11 11:56 am
Sounds yummy !!
_Nikki_ 

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 12:34 pm
Our church potluck is this weekend and I am doing a large pork shoulder slowcooked in spicy garden salsa.  I will add some tortillas on the side and a skillet of spanish rice.  I will bring my meal from home to eat so I don't get tempted to pick from the tables...the ladies always bring about a bazillion desserts and a lot of fattening cassaroles. 

I have asked our church in the past to consider remembering there are several elderly diabetics in our chuch and to consider their needs as well as the needs of the young bachelors every mother wants to attract to her daughter.   Church people seem to gravitate toward food socials too often, I would love to see more activities than food for a change.  Every Sunday we have a fellowship after church and the tables are laden with pastries, cookies, etc.  My husband is a social butterfly so doesn't want to miss the fellowship so I end up sitting there with a cup of coffee while he chows down...LOL!

Our little country church..Stone Corral Community Church

jbskaggs
on 4/5/11 12:52 pm - holt, MO
 What a beautiful church!

And your pork shoulder sounds great! Have you thought of adding just a little vinegar an hour or so before done?

JB

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 1:06 pm
No I haven't, but I will try some cider vinigar. 
Yes, it is a pretty church and very old.  It is the oldest church in our county going back to the Gold Rush days.  It has been moved I believe 3 times till now is current location. 
sleeve genie
on 4/5/11 1:05 pm - Alhambra, CA
It sounds delicious,  the kids are lucky they have you.  You seem like a very good person  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

jbskaggs
on 4/5/11 1:49 pm - holt, MO
 Church I preach in is a very small and old church from the civil war days- maybe before.   A small white country church that a town grew up around- and now the town is dying away again.  Once a town of four thousand and full of industry and stores- now barely 1200 and only a bank, gas station, post office and clinic left.  Thirty percent unemployment- mainly single parent families with children.

Town struggles with its identity and purpose and old south problems.

JB

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views