Gall Bladder-Shmall Bladder...

Tausha P.
on 4/5/11 1:06 pm - Fergus Falls, MN
Well... It couldn't be too easy right? I mean seriously, I can't complain. I have lost 53 pound in 2 months. I am never hungry anymore. I have so much energy I want to run a mile. I have not thrown up once. I am not having any emotional issues.

BUT theres gotta be a BUT... I am going in tomorrow because I started having pain last friday that was bad enough that I needed my pain meds again. I tried to grin and bear it through the weekend, and on Monday I was like "Oh hell no, mamma needs to go in!" Called up the surgeon, they are having me come in tomorrow for an upper GI test, but I/we ALL know it's my gall bladder. They were going to try to take it out during surgery, but my damn fatty liver was in the way. Awesome.

Sooooooo..... we shall see what they say. Today was BAD, like its getting worse and worse. I had gall stones back in the day, and those attacks were by far worse than child labor. I just dunno if they will take it out this soon... and I am super stressed about living with this pain for a couple months. Like, theres noway... Ugh.

Anywho~ thats whats up with big ole me. Prayers would be welcomed. 

Peace and Love!

HW: 344 SW: 311 (33 lbs lost in pre-op diet) 
“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.? ~Lao Tzu    
_Nikki_
on 4/5/11 1:12 pm
Awww praying for you and hope you get some relief soon.
_Nikki_ 

sleeve genie
on 4/5/11 1:13 pm - Alhambra, CA
Aww  I'm so sorry that this is happening to you.   I still have mine but i have read lots of posts that people got theirs out and feel much better now.   I hope it all goes well for you.  good job on the weight loss  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Cheryl S.
on 4/5/11 1:14 pm - Montpelier, VA
I will definitely keep you in my prayers!  I had my GB removed in 2004, so it was already gone for my surgery last month.  I can remember the pain before they removed it like it was yesterday!  It SUCKS!!!  I have never given birth, but have many friends say the GB pain is even worse.  Hang in there (I know, easier said than done) and keep us posted!  Best wishes!
AniO
on 4/5/11 1:31 pm
I'm getting my gallbladder out tomorrow morning. I do not have stones, but my gallbladder is not functioning. It's called biliary dyskenesia. I had gallstones during my last pregnancy (4 years ago), but the stones went away. The pain I have now is the same as the gallstone pain.

I hope everything works out with you. Please keep us posted.

AniO

didim62
on 4/5/11 1:43 pm - Kensington, CT
Sorry to hear your having these pains Tausha. I hope that they are able to disolve your stones so that you do not have to endure another surgery so soon. Lemonade helps for kidney stones and will help with gall stones as well as apple juice. Best of luck.....praying for you....let us know what's happening.Sent you a PM.
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Valerie K.
on 4/5/11 1:55 pm - Dearborn, MI
I feel for you. Had mine out in February and it made me so sick the pain sucks. Good luck you will feel better once it is gone.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 2:17 pm, edited 4/6/11 3:12 pm

delete

Libralin
on 4/5/11 2:54 pm - MorrisCounty, NJ
Good luck to all of you with this problem...Feel better asap!  I just started the Urso meds today...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views