My sleeve has it's own attitude....

borntobethin35
on 4/8/11 12:05 am - VA
I was wondering if anyone else's sleeve have it's own attitude? I notice some days it feels like I can eat a lot and then some days (like today) I barely can input my breakfast 8 oz protein shake. Do you have some days that you feel like your sleeve is full even when you haven't eaten much?
Katester
on 4/8/11 12:09 am
mine is verrrry moody. One day I can eat 3 oz of tuna salad and the next I get 2 bites...I'm 7 months post-op...I wonder if it kinda evens out the farther out we get? or maybe thats normal...a stomach SHOULD do that but mine was so stretched out before it would never go back...idk?
Libaba
on 4/8/11 12:10 am - TX
I totally feel the same way!  Some days I can eat fairly normally (still much smaller quantities than pre-op) and can barely tell that I have a sleeve.  Other days eating is much more uncomfortable. I wish I understood why!

stephanie507
on 4/8/11 12:49 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
No I have the other problem I think mines is so tight but I needed it now that I see the food addiction I had was killing me slowly.  I need to put my new pocture up.  I had my hair done yesterday it looks so cute....Be blessed everyone....

livingthegoldenlife
on 4/8/11 12:52 am - TX
My sleeve is the exact same it wants to eat a lot of what she likes and not what I wanna eat weird my sleeve wants healthy food and I want something a little not so healthy at times.  I can eat a whole cucumber mixed with tomatoes but let me try to eat something else she not having it.
doublewinner
on 4/8/11 1:06 am - NJ
yes i agree. Ithought it was just me.

borntobethin35
on 4/8/11 1:14 am - VA
I'm just happy to know that I'm not the only one that sleeve has a mind of it's own. Like today I felt like I could barely finish my shake without feeling full. But yesterday I felt hungry constantly I even up my Prilosec this past week to 1 twice a day because I constantly felt hungry but today it feels like I've really been sleeved.... weird!

Sheka
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

Dandy_DeeDee
on 4/8/11 2:44 am
I can completely relate to this, but if you think about, it hasn't changed since we had surgery.  Honestly, before surgery there were days when I wasn't as hungry, but because we could eat so much more, our portions on a "not so hungry" day were still good sizes so we probably didn't notice as much.  Now however, our portions are so small that any decrease in portion size is much more apparent to us. 

That's my opinion anyway... either way, I think most of us have experience with this and I think it's completely normal.

Highest Registered Weight 369 lbs (but I weighed more, just didn't have a scale! *Giggles*)
Surgery 12/23/10 - 313 lbs Then had a 6 lb gain from having surgery! So I went up to 319
Current Registered Weight 208 lbs   “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” ~ Kahlil Gibran          

Susan M.
on 4/8/11 2:44 am
I've posted before asking if anyone felt MORE hungry taking Prevacid.....or those that didn't feel hungry, were they on Prilosec.  I've proven to myself that it's true. I recently had to change from Prevacid to a high dose of Prilosec so I could take Celebrex. I'm not hungry at all and can barely get in a few bites when I do eat. 

Most Active