Maintainence eating...Apple pecan salad

CJCC55
on 4/9/11 4:39 am - Cleveland, TN
I love, love, love the apple pecan chicken salad from Wendy's.  I have eaten 2 of them per week for the last few weeks, and they have always been fresh (not like some salads you get at restaurants)  and the half salad which is the one I usually get is only 340 calories and has 20 grams of protein, and 28 grams carbs. The combination of flavors is so great, that I have never needed to add any of the pomegranite dressing that they give you to add.  The sweet cranberrys and fresh blue cheese crumbles that are all through the salad are so flavorful, that one does not want to distract from that with the dressing.

Well, I know I must sound like a commercial for Wendy's but I just could not get over how good this Fast Food item is, and how nutritious it is.  I have never found a fast food item that I liked  that was totally good for me like this one is. 

Love my sleeve.

Carol

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

USAF Wife
on 4/9/11 4:53 am
Carol PURE EVILNESS ! ! ! Just kidding, I can not have any processed meat salads, or Bleu Cheese. . . It just irks me to no end, and this sounds divine.

I love finding these type of little nuggets that make life a little easier and satisfying! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

CJCC55
on 4/9/11 6:17 am - Cleveland, TN
Wow,
sorry about the bleu cheese, but the chicken is just a grilled, seasoned chicken breast over fresh lettuce leaves of all kinds, with fresh apples, roasted pecans, and dried cranberries in it.  I'm sure it wouldn't be as good without the cheese. 
Are you unable to have any kind of cheese?  because they do make substitutions.

I love salads, but I had not been having very much luck with buying the ingredients and trying to put together salads at home.  For one thing, I never came upon that combination, and for another, since I live alone, everything would go bad before I could use much of it.   I guess that is why I got so excited about this healthy salad.  I can get it whenever I want it, and don't have to worry about shopping for a bunch of ingredients that will spoil before I can use them up. 

USAF Wife
on 4/10/11 7:41 am
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can have that ! ! ! With the bleu cheese, apparently it's not pasturized? ? ? So, it's on the no no list, which I'm not one of these pregnant women that have given up everything on all these lists because honestly, what did they do 50 years ago is my thought process. I could probably have a bit of the cheese, and be fine. I thought it was a prepared chicken salad. Looks like I"ll be making the trip to Wendy's this week.

I rarely buy salad ingredients for our household of 3 because we all like different things in our salads, and I'm not one to make concessions for every person's individual tastes. I do buy romaine because I use them for "wraps and can eat a head of romaine in a week or so. The Green Bags really do work to keep produce longer, and I use those.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

DragonGirl
on 4/9/11 5:49 am, edited 4/9/11 5:49 am - MN
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wendy's Chili, too!!! I think it's an addiction...great for the protein as well!!
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
CJCC55
on 4/9/11 6:18 am - Cleveland, TN
yes, I know, and their website is so user friendly for getting all the nutritional information on each dish too.

cabcab
on 4/9/11 3:29 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I love the Wendys chili, too.  But the Wendys here can be kind of inconsistent.  One day it will be all thick and hearty with lots of meat and beans.  The next time it will be more soupy with hardly any meat or beans.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views