My AC is broken and house has heated up to 90 degrees

jbskaggs
on 4/9/11 3:16 pm - holt, MO
My ac is messed up and I chanegd the thermostat just now but it had heated to over ninety in here.

I am so thirsty- I am sipping on everything I can find- but it's like I just can't get enough down in the heat.

What do you guys do when you get real sweaty and thirsty?  

JB

GavinC
on 4/9/11 3:33 pm
Turn on the fan(s).
Jump in the pool.
Eat scads of SF popsicles.
Stick my head in the freezer.'
Try to remain still and read a book.
Head to an air-conditioned store or mall.
healthysoon
on 4/9/11 4:33 pm - ID
I'll trade you we are still waking up to snow in the mornings!!
Christine
The faith of a mustard seed will see me through    
jbskaggs
on 4/9/11 5:51 pm - holt, MO
 I miss Oregon sometimes- it was the same temperature almost every day of the year.  Didn't need an AC.

JB

OldMedic
on 4/10/11 12:16 am - Alvaton, KY
I am a 3rd generation native Oregonian.  Where in Oregon do you have such a consistency in temp?  I was born and raised in Portland, lived in Eugene, Grants Pass and Cave Junction, and have been to virtually every city, town and village in that state.

I don't know of anywhere in Oregon, that doesn't have significant temperature changes between the seasons.

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

jbskaggs
on 4/10/11 9:05 am, edited 4/10/11 9:05 am - holt, MO
 Coos Bay, OR temp varied from 40 to about 75. Rained almost everyday.  Lived there from 1998 to 2003 compared to the south the weather was pretty much the same every day- and it never got really hot.

Marvell, Arkansas can get down to 0 in wintyer and 100 plus in summer.

JB

Susan0714
on 4/9/11 9:57 pm - Kenner, LA
I feel for you JB, I am in Louisiana.. I hope you get your AC fixed soon.. But like a above post said, get under fans, go and buy some fans, go to a mall.. Wherever you need to go..

Susan
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/11 11:02 pm
Electrolytes are your friend too.  Powerade, Gatorade G2, Pedialyte juice boxes (apple and cherry are pretty good, not too sweet if youre still sensitive).

Lisa D.
on 4/10/11 1:56 pm, edited 4/10/11 1:56 pm - New Orleans, LA
My AC died this morning. It was 87 today. Fans atwirling. Plenty of liquids in. Hope to get a repair tomorrow. Maybe I can sweat some weight off?
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

jbskaggs
on 4/10/11 1:59 pm - holt, MO
Im Sorry it hit you too! I'll get a repair out in a day or two.  Have all windows and doors open running fans and attic fans.

Using box fans to fight mosquitos.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views