Cereal????

George B.
on 4/8/11 12:48 am - Miami, FL
Cereal does not agree with my stomach. I tried it once and suffered for 30 minutes so I stay away from it now.

Cereal is high in carbs so you need to watch that. My program limits carbs to less than 40 grams per day when losing weight. My friend and co-worker who had the sleeve 4 months after my surgery was having oatmeal for breakfast and not losing weight. His doctor explained that the amount of carbs in the oatmeal was too much for him during the losing phase. I told him the same thing but he didn't believe it till he heard the doctor tell him  the same thing.

If you're bored with protein shakes for breakfast try;
1 egg scrambled
1 egg omlet (I add cream cheese)
Yogurt
Berries
Bacon
Greeek Yogurt
Cheese

Good luck,
George

Ashley S.
on 4/8/11 2:56 am
VSG on 05/04/10 with
I rarely do cereal because of the carb content and it's a slider food for me (a serving size just doesn't fill me up, except for Frosted Mini Wheats but the calories in those are mad crazy), but I will have it every once in a while as a snack or something. And when I do it's usually just whatever my parents have around, like Cheerios.  Oatmeal is another rare occurance.  Once in a blue moon I'll have a packet of maple brown sugar oatmeal for a little sweet treat, and it tends to be a little more filling than cold cereal.

Most of the time, when I don't feel like having my usual protein shake, I'll have turkey sausage, eggs, egg bites, or leftovers from previous night's dinner if it was particularly good, or a protein bar.
-Ash

Heaviest Weight: 365, Surgery Weight: 327, Current Weight:  146.9
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/#!/AshLYMMJ

stephanie507
on 4/8/11 3:26 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
Hi, you can find it on line sorry at unjury.com cost 23 dollars but its worth it..to get the protein you need at least I think..

Pattie_M
on 4/8/11 3:31 am - TX

I don't limit myself to just breakfast foods for breakfast.  This morning I had 2 oz of sliced roast beef.  I  made a dip of Fage greek yogurt and Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix, makes the beef go down nice and easy.  Some mornings I have a 2 oz beef patty (extra lean) with a 1/2 slice of colby jack cheese melted on top, then a tablespoon of pico de gallo.

Life is good and I'm lovin' my sleeve!

Blessings,

Pattie

skinnymeforever
on 4/8/11 7:28 am - AZ
Here's something I really enjoy for breakfast.  Breadless bacon sandwich. I "fry" some turkey bacon in the pan with a tiny bit of olive oil. Get it kinda close to crisp.  Take it out of the pan and spread with either low-fat mayo or miracle whip, put a slice of fat free cheese on it (tear it in half and cover the bacon with it) and microwave for abut ten seconds until cheese is melted.  Great protein, low fat and really good. It doesn't take long either. Also, what about protein bars?

Jenn H.
on 4/8/11 7:38 am - Portland, OR
 Just because it is breakfast time it doesn't mean you have to do breakfast foods!  

Also, I agree with those who said oatmeals and steel cut oats.

My plan, when I am able, is to eat from these: www.bobsredmill.com/cereals/

Age: 32 | Ht: 6' | HW: 350 | Pre-op: 330 | SW: 311 | CW: 207 | My Blog: vsgjenn.tumblr.com

Monthly loss: 1,-24lb/2,-13lb/3,-11lb/4,-12lb/5,-11lb/6,-14lb/7,-9lb/8,-8lb/9,-7lb/10,-3lb/11,-5lb/12,-10lb/13,-3lb/14,-1

kiki55vsg
on 4/8/11 7:53 am - Hubbard, OH
 I like the Bear Naked peak original granola. 1/4 cup has 140 cal,  7g fat, 15g carbs, 2g fiber and 6g protein. I mix it with plain Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt. 5.3 oz has 0 fat, 6g carbs, 0 fiber and 15g protein. Very crunchy and filling and takes a while to eat!  I have that 2 to 3 times a week. Then the rest of my carbs are veggies.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views