Anybody else have the three week stall?

jbskaggs
on 4/8/11 5:46 am - holt, MO
I had read that lot of people have a stall on their third week.

You know I thought I would be immune to this stall.  But it hit monday I went three up pounds - water weight I guess.  Now it Friday and I am back down to 356.  Sunday I was 355.  So after nearly a week I am net gain 1 lbs.  Diet has not changed- only thing changed was I am having to be very careful with exercise and my wounds.

I know Im not in a race.  But at the same time I get really flustered when the scale doesn't change. Hopefully I will get back to the pound a day weight loss I was experiencing all the way up till this past monday.

Tommorrow I will be starting my fourth week I hope this stall stops.

JB

foodlover
on 4/8/11 5:49 am
right here, only mine started 10 days after surgery.  I will be 3 weeks out this monday, still on all liquids and NO weight loss since day 10.  Even a gain of 2 pounds.  Its extra hard to deal with everything because I can't at least have some WL to be happy about.  Hang in there.  I hope it passes for us both soon! 
DragonGirl
on 4/8/11 5:53 am - MN
I haven't heard of anyone that didn't get a stall. I think we all did. I stalled for 3 weeks beginning at week 3. Very happy to report it's over and I'm losing steady.
Hang in there, just continue your program and it will resolve itself!!

Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
ccbelle14
on 4/8/11 6:02 am - Minneapolis, MN
I stalled for almost 4 weeks beginning week 3. It finally broke and I've been averaging 4 lbs/week lost or so ever since. Yes, it's incredibly frustrating!

Just keep doing what you're doing, and if you haven't already done so, make sure to take measurements. Generally while you're stalling you're still losing inches.

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
wantabeskinny2011
on 4/8/11 6:02 am
I'm 4 weeks out today and I've been stalled for a week now. But that's ok with the amounts that I'm eating there is NO WAY I will stay at my current weight. Hang in there it will be over soon. Good luck.
anyeaj
on 4/8/11 7:35 am - NJ
Hi,

You are not alone.......I am also on a stall and i am three weeks out, I am walking and getting in the protien i have not lost a pound in 4 days and i am 18lbs down since surgery.  i am so looking for this stall to be over so i can get back on the loosers bench
Linda B.
on 4/8/11 7:36 am
Yes I'm in a stall and it is my third week. Do you think magicallly it will go away once the fourth week starts???
Gin2bthin
on 4/8/11 7:41 am - WV
I am in my stall.I lost 44 lbs first month.Now i havent lost a thing in 3 weeks im hoping it will soon be over..Just hang in there..

cannonkb
on 4/8/11 8:06 am - SC
Yep, I stalled weeks 3 & 4, loss started back slowly and then this week, week 7 I dropped 10 lbs! Go figure.  Had a post-op appt. with my surgeon today who stressed to please stay away from the scales.  He said if I had to weigh limit it to once per week.

Lisa D.
on 4/8/11 10:00 am - New Orleans, LA
Of course I had the stall but mine started at about 2 1/2 weeks.  I like to call them "pauses".  Much less harsh sounding.   And it most certainly will end.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views